Workbench doesn't import TM in .txt
Thread poster: jacana54 (X)

jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2011

Hello,

Can anyone suggest what could be going wrong here? I'm afraid it must something really silly.

I prepared an export TM in txt with another CAT tool. I looked inside (both within that tool and in Notepad) and the content appears to be there.

I created a new TM in Workbench (Trados Freelance 2007). Then I checked the language pairs and unchecked the box for the different sub-languages, just in case.

When I import the TM in .txt Workbench says: "Import finished successfully, 0 TUs read in 0 seconds". When I go to "maintenance" and press "begin search", this TM in Workbench is in fact empty.

I've repeated the procedure several times, including a few times with different TMs in .txt and I can't figure out what's wrong.

Particularly frustrating is the fact that I'm quite certain that last year I did this several times. The only change is that in the meantime I installed and started to use Studio 2009 — I'm not getting paranoid, just thinking that maybe I'm mixing things up.

A million thanks in advance! This must be something very simple which I'm simply failing to see.

Have a great week, everyone!

Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:09
Member (2008)
English to French
format vs. coding May 2, 2011

Lucia Colombino wrote:

I prepared an export TM in txt with another CAT tool. I looked inside (both within that tool and in Notepad) and the content appears to be there.

If you're talking about a Wordfast Pro file then it won't work, just because the file itself (.txt) is the same format the coding within the file isn't necessarily the same.

Just export in .TMX & that should solve your problem. If you no longer have access to the original TM or the original CAT tool, use Olifant (google; free program) to convert the file you have to a TMX file and then import that in Trados.

jacana54 (X)  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 2, 2011

Thanks a million, Arianne, that worked beautifully!

icon_biggrin.gif

Edited to add: it was from MetaTexis.

[Edited at 2011-05-02 12:25 GMT]

crista_b
United States
Local time: 02:09
French to English
+ ...
Still not working - Please help ASAP Aug 16, 2011

Hello,

I'm having the problem right now where my workbench (Trados 2007) won't import a TM. I don't have the original TM because it was sent to me in a .txt file. I tried using Olifant to convert the file. I've tried importing the file as a TWB .txt file, a TMX 1.1 file, a TMX 1.4 file, and a TMX 1.4b file. Those are the only options I have, and none of them work. Nothing will allow me to import the file. When I import as a .txt file, it says 0 TU's imported, and when I import as any of the TMX files, I get the error message "(35000); SSLex0105e; Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 1".

Here's the header from the original file with the TM that was sent to me:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?
tmx version="1.4"
header creationtool="SDL Language Platform" creationtoolversion="8.0" o-tmf="SDL TM8 Format" datatype="xml"

[Edited at 2011-08-16 16:05 GMT]

crista_b
United States
Local time: 02:09
French to English
+ ...
no answers? Aug 17, 2011

Please help with my previous post. It's urgent!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench doesn't import TM in .txt

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search