Workbench doesn't import TM in .txt
Thread poster: xxxjacana54
xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
May 2, 2011

Hello,

Can anyone suggest what could be going wrong here? I'm afraid it must something really silly.

I prepared an export TM in txt with another CAT tool. I looked inside (both within that tool and in Notepad) and the content appears to be there.

I created a new TM in Workbench (Trados Freelance 2007). Then I checked the language pairs and unchecked the box for the different sub-languages, just in case.

When I import the TM in .txt Workbench says: "Import finished successfully, 0 TUs read in 0 seconds". When I go to "maintenance" and press "begin search", this TM in Workbench is in fact empty.

I've repeated the procedure several times, including a few times with different TMs in .txt and I can't figure out what's wrong.

Particularly frustrating is the fact that I'm quite certain that last year I did this several times. The only change is that in the meantime I installed and started to use Studio 2009 — I'm not getting paranoid, just thinking that maybe I'm mixing things up.

A million thanks in advance! This must be something very simple which I'm simply failing to see.

Have a great week, everyone!

Direct link Reply with quote

Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 16:00
Member (2008)
English to French
format vs. coding May 2, 2011

Lucia Colombino wrote:

I prepared an export TM in txt with another CAT tool. I looked inside (both within that tool and in Notepad) and the content appears to be there.

If you're talking about a Wordfast Pro file then it won't work, just because the file itself (.txt) is the same format the coding within the file isn't necessarily the same.

Just export in .TMX & that should solve your problem. If you no longer have access to the original TM or the original CAT tool, use Olifant (google; free program) to convert the file you have to a TMX file and then import that in Trados.

xxxjacana54  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! May 2, 2011

Thanks a million, Arianne, that worked beautifully!

Edited to add: it was from MetaTexis.

[Edited at 2011-05-02 12:25 GMT]

crista_b
United States
Local time: 15:00
French to English
+ ...
Still not working - Please help ASAP Aug 16, 2011

Hello,

I'm having the problem right now where my workbench (Trados 2007) won't import a TM. I don't have the original TM because it was sent to me in a .txt file. I tried using Olifant to convert the file. I've tried importing the file as a TWB .txt file, a TMX 1.1 file, a TMX 1.4 file, and a TMX 1.4b file. Those are the only options I have, and none of them work. Nothing will allow me to import the file. When I import as a .txt file, it says 0 TU's imported, and when I import as any of the TMX files, I get the error message "(35000); SSLex0105e; Invalid token, Line 1, Offset 1".

Here's the header from the original file with the TM that was sent to me:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?
tmx version="1.4"
header creationtool="SDL Language Platform" creationtoolversion="8.0" o-tmf="SDL TM8 Format" datatype="xml"

[Edited at 2011-08-16 16:05 GMT]

crista_b
United States
Local time: 15:00
French to English
+ ...
no answers? Aug 17, 2011

Please help with my previous post. It's urgent!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench doesn't import TM in .txt

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search