Veneta Georgieva
Bulgaria
Local time: 21:23
Member (2006)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
May 3, 2011

Dear collegues,

When i search for a term in MultiTerm and hit enter I get an error massage "External component has thrown an exception" and I got this in details "System.InvalidOperationException,mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxx".

This problems just happen from nowhere, I tryed updating java to the latest version, tryed system restore to date when MultiTerm was working, but with no success, tryed also updating Windows and again with n
... See more
Dear collegues,

When i search for a term in MultiTerm and hit enter I get an error massage "External component has thrown an exception" and I got this in details "System.InvalidOperationException,mscorlib, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=xxxxxxxx".

This problems just happen from nowhere, I tryed updating java to the latest version, tryed system restore to date when MultiTerm was working, but with no success, tryed also updating Windows and again with no success...

My system is Win7 x64 and I'm using SDL Trados Studio 2009 SP3 -9.1.2269.4 and SDL MultiTerm SP4 - 8.5.345.0.

Can you give an idea how to fix this...

Thanks in advance.

Veneta
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:23
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Could you please try to delete the settings files? May 3, 2011

C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\8.5.0.0\BaseSettings.xml
C:\Users\your_username\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL MultiTerm\8.5.0.0\UserSettings.xml

then restart MultiTerm

Veneta Georgieva
Bulgaria
Local time: 21:23
Member (2006)
German to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for helping me, Jerzy! May 3, 2011

I'm very grateful for the advice, Jerzy.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Veneta

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm error: External component has thrown an exception

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search