Noemí

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 18:59
English to Czech
+ ...
Macros Mar 29, 2004

I don't know the program, I have just read the description online, but you will probably have to define the keys needed to perform the command. For example, to perform "Get Translation":

ALT (to activate the menu)
b (Workbench)
g (Get Translation)

Actually, this is the only command in Tag Editor for which I am missing a shortcut key.

I am not sure if the sequence will work - just try and see. You might have to add a short delay between the individual keys (read the documentation for instructions).

Paul Kozelka  Identity Verified
Member (2004)
French to English
+ ...
TagEditor Macros? Nov 22, 2005

For Hynek:

Comments in other Forum entries suggest that it is not possible to create keyboard macros for TagEditor, which obviously slows down its use considerably. Your comment suggests that you have found a way to do so. I can do this for TW and MSWord, but have yet to discover how to do so for TagEditor. Would you be so kind as to share the wealth?

Many thanks,
Paul

Noemi Carrera  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Not yet... Nov 22, 2005

Hi Paul (and everybody),

I did not finally managed to work out a method to use macros in TagEditor. Now what I do is simply copy all the text from TagEditor and paste it in a Word document (check with a couple of segments if it works all right with tags). Then I translate the document in Word and once I have translated it, I cleaned it into the memory and pretranslate the TagEditor file. Finally, I edit the file in TagEditor.

I hope this helps

Best regards,

Noemí

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados macros - TagEditor - Perfect Keyboard

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search