Tag Editor problem - tags turning into text when inserting placeables
Thread poster: Emma Gledhill

Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
Local time: 16:25
German to English
+ ...
May 10, 2011

I haven't managed to find anything using the search function...

On some files (often ttx's created from xls but not exclusively, and apparently randomly), when I insert a placeable to insert the tag in the TL segment, TagEditor adds the text of the tag e.g.
instead of the grey tag itself. The same occurs in 100% match segments (meaning every single one needs editing, of course). The only way to get the grey tag is to c&p out of the SL segment which is a complete pain. Has anyo
... See more
I haven't managed to find anything using the search function...

On some files (often ttx's created from xls but not exclusively, and apparently randomly), when I insert a placeable to insert the tag in the TL segment, TagEditor adds the text of the tag e.g.
instead of the grey tag itself. The same occurs in 100% match segments (meaning every single one needs editing, of course). The only way to get the grey tag is to c&p out of the SL segment which is a complete pain. Has anyone had this happen? Is there a reason? Is there a way round it? Does it even matter (i.e. are the grey tags only a representation of the text the contain anyway?)?

FYI I'm using Trados 2007 Suite build 863
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:25
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
View tags May 11, 2011

Have you checked your tag view setting under View / Tag Text? It is supposed to apply to both, source and target, but it would not hurt checking if it is set to None.

Emma Gledhill
Switzerland
Local time: 16:25
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks - but still no cigar :( May 11, 2011

Thanks for the suggestion, tried it but it only affects what is displayed in the grey boxes. If I insert placeable I still get the text alone without the grey box. I can only get the grey box if I c&p or copy source

Rustam Shafikov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 19:25
Member (2009)
English to Russian
+ ...
... Jul 4, 2011

I would try uninstalling/reinstalling Trados...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Tag Editor problem - tags turning into text when inserting placeables

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search