Trados Studio 2009 SP3 - context menu goes off screen
Thread poster: Nick Quaintmere

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:32
German to English
May 10, 2011

This started happening a while back and I haven't had time to ask here. What happens is that when I right-click on the left-hand side of the screen the context menu that pops up goes right off the screen.

Check out these examples:

(when trying to merge segments)

or

(when trying to work with a TM)

These are just two examples. It happens in all screen modes in Studio and Multiterm.

As you can see, I have the program in full-screen mode. So this shouldn't be happening. I end up having to reduce the Trados window and shoving it across the screen so I can read the menu entries (for some of them I've memorised the position, but this isn't always practical).

This only happens in Trados Studio(SP3) and Multiterm (SP4), so I think we can assume that blaming it all on Microsoft is not the solution.

Is there a setting I can tweak to get rid of this?

Suggestions from SDL most welcome!

[Edited at 2011-05-11 10:06 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
I'll ask the obvious first... May 10, 2011

... have you got multiple monitors installed so that the menu has disappeared of onto the other screen? Or more likely, only one monitor at the moment but a setting on your PC that makes it think you still have the other one?

I have to ask before we try to think about harder solutions.

Regards

Paul

Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Only one monitor May 11, 2011

and of course, if that had been the case, then I would have expected to see the issue happening with other software programs.

BTW I did check the control panel, just to make sure!

Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Any ideas? May 23, 2011

Problem is not going away ...

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Possible solution Aug 12, 2011

Hi Nick,

Today I am having the same problem. As far as I know the only change made in my pc was an update of Adobe Flash Player which this afternoon poped up and asked to be installed which I did although I do not really know whether that can be the problem of pop-ups behaviour in SDL Trados Studio 2009.

The solution I found consists in pointing your cursor and clicking more to the right of the source segment instead of in the left half of it.

Hope this works in your case until someone suggests a better solution.

KR
Sherefedin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 SP3 - context menu goes off screen

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search