Thread poster: Tom Fennell

Tom Fennell
United States
Local time: 05:49
Russian to English
+ ...
May 12, 2011

Hey folks,

I am using Trados on a huge project - translating 8 web bulleting board sites with about 700 html files with between 500-3000 words each. (of course 50-90% is just html code, not translatable text).

Ttl 5600 files and 6 million words. As we are still in the evaluation stage, it is very useful to have everything in one project.

Everything was working OK until last night. I had loaded all the files into Trados last week, and then this week I have
... See more
Hey folks,

I am using Trados on a huge project - translating 8 web bulleting board sites with about 700 html files with between 500-3000 words each. (of course 50-90% is just html code, not translatable text).

Ttl 5600 files and 6 million words. As we are still in the evaluation stage, it is very useful to have everything in one project.

Everything was working OK until last night. I had loaded all the files into Trados last week, and then this week I have translated 1 file from each of the 5 sites, and then pretranslated the files for that site.

Everything was fine last night, but when I woke up this morning, Trados freezes with full CPU activity (1 of 4 CPUS) every time I try to go to File View.

There was a windows update this morning, but system restore had no effect on this.

Any suggestions, restoration hints?
Collapse

Tomoyuki Kono  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:49
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
+ ...
sounds similar to my problem May 12, 2011

I had a similar problem in Trados 2007 Freelance (TagEditor), which I reported this morning:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/198769-tageditor_and_workbench_extremely_slow_after_windows_updates.html

In most cases launching TagEditor results in a freeze but occasionally I can operate it, alb
... See more
I had a similar problem in Trados 2007 Freelance (TagEditor), which I reported this morning:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/198769-tageditor_and_workbench_extremely_slow_after_windows_updates.html

In most cases launching TagEditor results in a freeze but occasionally I can operate it, albeit extremely slowly. For example, when I click a button to open the first segment of the document, it sometimes does open the segment 10 minutes later.

In my case the CPU usage remained static at around 1%. Memory usage was normal too.

I'm not sure if your problem is related to mine but like you, mine only started after Windows Updates were installed.

Unfortunately I cannot cast any light on this issue but inexplicably my TagEditor started working again for no obvious reasons. It just started to work normally again all of a sudden. How mysterious!
Collapse

Tom Fennell
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, it seems to be self-correcting, but there are big new delays May 12, 2011

When you go down to the sub-folder level (in my case, I have 4 levels), the smaller folders (tens of files) are easily accessible, and the largest sub-folders (551 files, 692756 words, 417MB) become available after 30-45 minutes of being frozen.

With "Include subfolders" checked it seemed to freeze, but actually after 15 minutes of processing, all 5221 files, with 7,932,730 words and 4GB become available.

Unfortunately, if you go into a sub-folder than attempt to get th
... See more
When you go down to the sub-folder level (in my case, I have 4 levels), the smaller folders (tens of files) are easily accessible, and the largest sub-folders (551 files, 692756 words, 417MB) become available after 30-45 minutes of being frozen.

With "Include subfolders" checked it seemed to freeze, but actually after 15 minutes of processing, all 5221 files, with 7,932,730 words and 4GB become available.

Unfortunately, if you go into a sub-folder than attempt to get the summary view again, you must wait 15 minutes.

Previously, they were immediately available (within 10-20 seconds)....
Collapse

Tom Fennell
United States
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Today all is back to normal May 13, 2011

When booting today, my computers seems to have had a very odd loading of additional Windows 7 system information, and after several reboots, Windows appeared.

And Studio was completely back to normal! No problem loading my 5000+ files in the view with subfolders instantly.

Go figure!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio Files View Freezes

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search