Thread poster: Alex Pszczola

Alex Pszczola  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:31
English to Polish
+ ...
Mar 30, 2004

Hello,
Please help - urgent.
I exported Pagemaker 7 file through Storycollector - Trados 6. Translated in Tageditor and then attempted to import back. I got error message: Unable to import translated text.
Screenshot: www.volny.cz/haridas/
How depressing! All the work for nothing!
Other files imported ok.
Best regards,
EN, CZ, RU >>>>> PL

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Moving the thread... Mar 30, 2004

...Trados Support.

Ilde Grimaldi  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
English to Italian
+ ...
suggestion Mar 30, 2004

I don't know if this can be of help in your case. 4 years ago, when I tried to reimport my first catalogues from Trados into PageMaker, there was no way to reimport the text (I had exported it with Story collector). After some hours I found what was the solution in my case.
I had tried to re-import in some "untouched" files, those stored in a source directory of mine. But that was an error. To be able to reimport, I had to export again the text (just for the procedure, I did not use it again that text), **SAVE the Page Maker file when closing after the export** and then use that PageMaker file (saved after the export process)for reimporting my translation.
I found that absolutely weird and not mentioned anywhere.
Some months later it happened again, and before I recalled of my solution, I lost some hours...

ciao
Ilde

SysfilterMaker
Germany
Try to split the "story file" with your text editor... Mar 30, 2004

... into 3 or more batches. Then try to import the individuals batches again. Maybe you can import at least some stories back into PM.

3 years ago I used to use this method to import such defective files.

Warning:
- Work only with copies of your translated files!!!

Regards
Wilhelm Polmann
www.ecm-e.de

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot import translated text into Pagemaker storycollector

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search