https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/19932-newbie_resources_for_freelance_trados_65_multiterm.html

Newbie Resources for Freelance Trados 6.5 & Multiterm
Thread poster: Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Local time: 12:00
Japanese to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 31, 2004

Hello there,

I have just purchased Trados 6.5 Freelances + Multiterm through group buy. I have installed both. But user guides are not very strait forward. I need some good resources to get me started.

Also, I have installed Trados on Turkish WinXP, Turkish OfficeXP and since I installed trados I get a "runtime error 5346 - cannot change keyboard shortcut" message. How can I determine what keyboard shortcut causes the conflict?

Lastly, where can I find a
... See more
Hello there,

I have just purchased Trados 6.5 Freelances + Multiterm through group buy. I have installed both. But user guides are not very strait forward. I need some good resources to get me started.

Also, I have installed Trados on Turkish WinXP, Turkish OfficeXP and since I installed trados I get a "runtime error 5346 - cannot change keyboard shortcut" message. How can I determine what keyboard shortcut causes the conflict?

Lastly, where can I find a complete list of keyboard shortcuts for this software? I am not much used to using mouse during translation you now.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Haluk
Collapse

Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Haluk Levent Aka (X)
Local time: 12:00
Japanese to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found Key Assignments Mar 31, 2004

Haluk Aka wrote:

Lastly, where can I find a complete list of keyboard shortcuts for this software? I am not much used to using mouse during translation you now.

Thanks & Best Regards,
Haluk

I have found the keyboard shortcuts (key assignments in help file). But I still much appreciate any help with the rest of the problems.

Thanks again

Adam Thomson
Adam Thomson  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:00
French to English
+ ...
TRADOS Keyboard shortcuts: in "Trados" dropdown in Word Mar 31, 2004

Haluk Aka wrote:

Hello there,

Thanks & Best Regards,
Haluk

If I understand Haluk's question ("Where...?) correctly, then I have found the keyboard shortcut menu by clicking on "Trados" on the Word toolbar (when you've got Trados activated).

As to his other question - I have no direct answer. My similar experience I think is because I do not yet have the latest edition of Word. I have been working with Word 97.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:00
English to German
+ ...
Tutorials Mar 31, 2004

Hi Haluk,
You may want to start with the interactive tutorials available from TranslationZone.

As far as the runtime error is concerned, I suggest to contact Trados support.

HTH, Ralf

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:00
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You can define your own shortcuts Mar 31, 2004

As Word is a very nice tool.
Look in Word help file how to assign shortcuts to commands and then assign desired shortcuts to Trados macro commands.
Most of them are allready assigned - and you can see this via Trados menu in Word, as stated above, but nevertheless there are plenty of Trados commands without shortcuts - so go on and create your own.

Regarding your main problem, if you found an answer in the manual, so this will possibly be the best way.
Take a look
... See more
As Word is a very nice tool.
Look in Word help file how to assign shortcuts to commands and then assign desired shortcuts to Trados macro commands.
Most of them are allready assigned - and you can see this via Trados menu in Word, as stated above, but nevertheless there are plenty of Trados commands without shortcuts - so go on and create your own.

Regarding your main problem, if you found an answer in the manual, so this will possibly be the best way.
Take a look here www.support.trados.com, maybe you can find a better solution.
But I would strongly advice you to upgrade to at least Word XP (look by eBay - sometimes there is Office XP to get, unregistered, full, original - and quite cheap) or Word 2003 (Office XP/2003).
Word/Office 97 was the worsest software MS released ever (perhaps together with the first release of Windows 95). No other office pack from them was so unstable as this...
Office XP is running smoothly and very stable. If it crashes you allmost allways get your document back due to really very good autorestore function. This saved me a lot of work (I have set Word to autosave every single minute).

Regards
Jerzy
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Newbie Resources for Freelance Trados 6.5 & Multiterm

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »