Changing the interface, colors?
Thread poster: FreeHansje

FreeHansje  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:02
Dutch to English
+ ...
May 20, 2011

Hi there,
Here is a green newbie on Trados WB 2009. I have figured out how to work trhe editor, translating documents, though I doubt In have figured out all possibilities. it will come in time. I am in a horrid situation now. I'm translating a document, which has some green-colored text. In Trados editor this text is highlighted in light-blue... I am a bit color-blind, but this combination even makes my wife get a head-ache!
I've been looking for a way to change the colors in the editor display, but can't find anything to either change the high-light color or the text color in the translation result window. I can find a color scheme setting for overall interface window under VIEW, but nothing which let me change these specific settings. HELP does not help me, maybe because I do not know what to search for.
I can change the text color in the source doc, but do not wish to do that. I think there must be a way to change these settings. Can any1 point me into the direction to search for this?

TIA and Greetz,
Hans Brouwer

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
You can adjust all colors in Studio ... May 21, 2011

... by going to 'Tools -> Options -> Colors'.

Walter

FreeHansje  Identity Verified
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
(Blush) May 22, 2011

Man, I feel stupid... Never noticed that option...

Tnx!

Tangopeter

English to Dutch
+ ...
And the colors of the concordance title bar? Sep 22, 2011

Walter Blaser wrote:

... by going to 'Tools -> Options -> Colors'.

Walter

So the color scheme of SDL Trados 2009 can be adjusted to the Windows colors black, blue or silver. But whichever color is chosen, the title bar of the concordance window is greyish or yellowish with a white font: virtually undiscernable.

As with multiple searchable TM's it might be important to see which TM is the source of the available concord search hits, and the name of the TM is displayed in the title bar of the concord search window, I would like to change the font or background color of the title bar to more contrasting colors.

Is that possible? Does anyone know how to achieve that?

Regards,
Peter

Tangopeter

English to Dutch
+ ...
Well, I must have been sleeping... Sep 22, 2011

Now I see that the title bar only displays the TM's that are searched, and the appropriate TM is displayed in the status bar underneath the concordance search window. Sorry.

That said, I am still interested in changing the colors of the different display items of SDL Trados, other than the overall color scheme.

Regards,
Peter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing the interface, colors?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search