Silvia Schulz
Netherlands
Local time: 10:34
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
May 21, 2011

Hello,

I was wondering if someone experienced the same problem and could help me.

All of the sudden (after using Trados for more than 2 years) Translator's Workbench runs in demo mode and apparently I have no more licence. When I open a Trados workbench I am asked to acticate my license. However, I have already used up my 1 licence activation code.

In the SDL License manager it now say:

"No information about SDL licenses could be retriev
... See more
Hello,

All of the sudden (after using Trados for more than 2 years) Translator's Workbench runs in demo mode and apparently I have no more licence. When I open a Trados workbench I am asked to acticate my license. However, I have already used up my 1 licence activation code.

"No information about SDL licenses could be retrieved. Please check your license locations.
The specified license could not be found."

Under "View activated Licenses..." --> "Installed Licenses" nothing appears anymore.

I have not changed anything on my PC since I used Trados the last time (2 days ago).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you so much,

Silvia
Collapse

Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 03:34
Spanish to French
+ ...
your account May 21, 2011

Silvia,

When you open your SDL account online, does it say you have one license available and one is already used?
Have you tried and reinstall SDL TRADOS to fix the problem?
I had a similar problem last week, but only with TagEditor. A reinstall fixed the problem (for TagEditor, and accidentally created a new one for MultiTerm but that's a different story...)

Nicolas

Silvia Schulz wrote:

Hello,

"No information about SDL licenses could be retrieved. Please check your license locations.
The specified license could not be found."

Under "View activated Licenses..." --> "Installed Licenses" nothing appears anymore.

I have not changed anything on my PC since I used Trados the last time (2 days ago).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you so much,

Silvia

[Edited at 2011-05-21 16:23 GMT]

Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Russian
+ ...
Have you rebooted your PC in the last 2 days? May 21, 2011

It did happen to me a few times, but the problem disappeared after a reboot. Obviously, it was the license management service that stopped working.

Silvia Schulz
Netherlands
Member (2010)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
new error message: Could not contact activation server (Error code 0) May 22, 2011

Thanks for your replies.

I have rebooted my PC. Then used the repair function for Trados, did the self registration, but the problem still persists.

When I enter my activation code I now get the error message "Could not contact activation server (Error code 0)".

On the SDL website unter "My Licenses" I have used up my one activation code and it is not longer available.

I might just have to wait for a reply from the SDL support. Hope this
... See more
Thanks for your replies.

I have rebooted my PC. Then used the repair function for Trados, did the self registration, but the problem still persists.

When I enter my activation code I now get the error message "Could not contact activation server (Error code 0)".

On the SDL website unter "My Licenses" I have used up my one activation code and it is not longer available.

I might just have to wait for a reply from the SDL support. Hope this won't take so long. I have a few jobs due in the upcoming days...

Kind regards,
Silvia
Collapse

Nicolas Coyer (X)  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 03:34
Spanish to French
+ ...
licensing service May 22, 2011

As mentioned by Anton, the licensing service might be disabled for some reason.
You can check this by clicking My Computer > Manage > Services and Applications > Services and then look for FLEXnet Licensing Service. It should be enabled. If not, right-click on it and choose Enable, and then simply close the window.
And then try again and see if you can communicate with the activation server.

[Edited at 2011-05-22 20:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2007 license suddenly disappeared

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search