Ketty Federico  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 17:45
Member (2011)
German to Italian
+ ...
May 22, 2011

Hi everyone,

I know this question has been posted in the past but it never received a clear answer... So let's see if there is some piece of fresh information on this one.
Someone of you is using Trados Freelance 7.0 (WB and Tag Editor) on Windows 7?
I usually would use this in combination with Office 2003, as I used to do for XP before.

Do you know if it works? Unfortunately my laptop broke and so I'll be forced to opt for Windows 7.

Thanks fo
... See more
Hi everyone,

I know this question has been posted in the past but it never received a clear answer... So let's see if there is some piece of fresh information on this one.
Someone of you is using Trados Freelance 7.0 (WB and Tag Editor) on Windows 7?
I usually would use this in combination with Office 2003, as I used to do for XP before.

Do you know if it works? Unfortunately my laptop broke and so I'll be forced to opt for Windows 7.

Thanks for your help!

Ketty
Collapse

Luisa Ramos, CT  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:45
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
Totally May 23, 2011

No problem at all. It is even better than XP because Windows 7 handles some language variants that XP does not, like US Spanish.

[Edited at 2011-05-23 00:03 GMT]

XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:45
Portuguese to English
+ ...
SDL told me it wouldn't May 23, 2011

I've been running Trados 7 on XP with Office 2003 for years. Last year I tried loading it on my other machine (Windows 7 with Office 2003) - it didn't work. I was told by the sales guys at SDL that I'd have to upgrade. Sure enough I've eventually upgraded (in fact I no longer "qualified" for an upgrade and had to buy it from scratch) to SDL Studio 2009 (as well as 2007) and am spending a mindboggling time coming to terms with a system which is now completely unrecognisable to me. Don't know wher... See more
I've been running Trados 7 on XP with Office 2003 for years. Last year I tried loading it on my other machine (Windows 7 with Office 2003) - it didn't work. I was told by the sales guys at SDL that I'd have to upgrade. Sure enough I've eventually upgraded (in fact I no longer "qualified" for an upgrade and had to buy it from scratch) to SDL Studio 2009 (as well as 2007) and am spending a mindboggling time coming to terms with a system which is now completely unrecognisable to me. Don't know where to begin. Most grateful for tips on useful tutorials.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Freelance 7.0 on Windows 7?

Advanced search

BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search