https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/199601-tageditor_2007_build_863_wont_open_the_ttx_file.html

TagEditor 2007 (Build 863) won't open the ttx file
Thread poster: Teerin Suvannasai
Teerin Suvannasai
Teerin Suvannasai  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 23:43
Member (2008)
English to Thai
May 23, 2011

Hi,

I have formatted my PC and installed Windows XP.
I installed Trados 2007 and everything went fine except one thing...

The TagEditor just crash every time when I try to double click to open the ttx file.
Moreover, the strange behaviors of the program made me crazy.
When I open TagEditor alone, the program can be opened, when I choose Open to select the ttx file, TagEditor crashes.

When I choose the Word or Excel document and choose Open
... See more
Hi,

I have formatted my PC and installed Windows XP.
I installed Trados 2007 and everything went fine except one thing...

The TagEditor just crash every time when I try to double click to open the ttx file.
Moreover, the strange behaviors of the program made me crazy.
When I open TagEditor alone, the program can be opened, when I choose Open to select the ttx file, TagEditor crashes.

When I choose the Word or Excel document and choose Open with... and use TagEditor, the ttx file can be opened neatly, but when I open the segment and type one character on to the yellow box, TagEditor crashes.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times, with and without removing the registry by using regedit. And I have searched the forum thoroughly but none of this can help, this is so frustrating and disappointing to have the program that crashes at first time...

There's no crash detail or error code, Windows just pop the dialog said that "TRADOS TagEditor has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience" just like any other program.

Thanks in advance for any kind help!
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:43
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to make the window of TagEditor just half the width of your screen May 23, 2011

and try again to open the file.

Teerin Suvannasai
Thailand
Member (2008)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
Tried that, and fail May 23, 2011

It's still crash whichever the size. But thanks for the help!

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please check your .NET and Java versions May 23, 2011

When you reformatted your PC, did you install any .NET versions prior to Trados?

Teerin Suvannasai
Thailand
Member (2008)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
I installed Trados after MS Office 2007 May 23, 2011

My .NET 2.0 and JRE 5.0 is installed along with the Trados.

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You do not have .NET 2 SP1? May 23, 2011

If you would have had the .NET 2.0 SP1 prior to Trados installation, the installer would have failed to install .NET 2.0 without SP, which is an absolutely necessary prerequisite to run Trados.
If you can confirm there was no .NET 2.0 SP1 prior to Trados installation, then I am unfortunately out of any ideas.
Just for the security, check please the latest filter update on talisma.sdl.com article 3368

Teerin Suvannasai
Thailand
Member (2008)
English to Thai
TOPIC STARTER
Try to remove the .NET and JRE and it works! May 23, 2011

I tried to uninstall .NET framework all along with the JRE. And install the whole bunch again and it works!

Thanks a lot Jerzy! You are a life saver!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor 2007 (Build 863) won't open the ttx file

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »