References to ineditable text in displays
Thread poster: mke

mke
Local time: 12:59
May 27, 2011

I am working with Trados TagEditor 2007. Maybe someone of you has a similar problem and found a good way to cope with it: in the documents we have to translate, there are software displays with text, that is already in the language to translate. The translation in the displays are provided by the client and cannot be altered. Our problem concerns mainly the references to those displays in the running text. As we did not translate the text in the displays but have to use those translations in ref... See more
I am working with Trados TagEditor 2007. Maybe someone of you has a similar problem and found a good way to cope with it: in the documents we have to translate, there are software displays with text, that is already in the language to translate. The translation in the displays are provided by the client and cannot be altered. Our problem concerns mainly the references to those displays in the running text. As we did not translate the text in the displays but have to use those translations in references to those I would like to find a way to "protect" our TM. That means I would like to make sure that in case we do not agree with the translation in the displays and therefore do only want to use this "wrong" translation when it refers directly to the display that this "wrong" reference does not "contaminate" the rest of the TM.
Thanks in advance for your help!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

References to ineditable text in displays

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search