SDL Trados Studio 2009 on 2 machines - XP/Windows 7 and Office 2003/2007 or 2010
Thread poster: Rebecca Hendry

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:42
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 2, 2011

Hello all,

I have been using SDL Trados Studio 2009 on my PC for a while now and am very happy with it. I use the XP operating system and MS Office 2003.

I'd like to install Studio on my laptop, which uses Windows 7. I don't have Office on that machine so will need to buy it, which means buying either 2007 or 2010. Does anyone have any experience of using Studio on 2 machines with different operating systems and different Office versions? Are there any compatibility iss
... See more
Hello all,

I have been using SDL Trados Studio 2009 on my PC for a while now and am very happy with it. I use the XP operating system and MS Office 2003.

I'd like to install Studio on my laptop, which uses Windows 7. I don't have Office on that machine so will need to buy it, which means buying either 2007 or 2010. Does anyone have any experience of using Studio on 2 machines with different operating systems and different Office versions? Are there any compatibility issues that I should be aware of?

I've done some reading around and it seems like the problems with Studio and Office 2010 have been ironed out. Is that right?

Thanks in advance for your comments, suggestions and advice!

Becky.
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:42
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
No problems Jun 2, 2011

The fact that you use Studio on machines with different OS won't affect compatibility between the two Studio applications.

I've installed Studio 2009 on XP and W7 on different machines running with Office 2007 and 2010. No problems at all.

Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:42
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your comments Jun 2, 2011

Emma, thank you very much! It's good to hear that I shouldn't have any problems with this.

Mark Nathan  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:42
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...
Sometimes need to use rtf format Jun 2, 2011

As Emma says, there should not be any problems.
I run XP, Vista, Office 2003 and Office 2007, and Studio, and occasionally find that I have to convert a file to rtf format for everything to work properly, but I have not had to do that for a while...

gram-br  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 10:42
Member (2010)
Portuguese to English
+ ...
No problems here Jun 2, 2011

I use Studio 2009 with Windows XP, Office XP and Office 2007 on a laptop and with Windows 7 64-bit and Office 2007 on a desktop. I frequently copy files between the two machines and have had no problems with compatibility so far. I cannot comment on Office 2010.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 on 2 machines - XP/Windows 7 and Office 2003/2007 or 2010

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search