Is it possible to use Tag editor and Trados studio at the same time?
Thread poster: Valentina Cafiero

Valentina Cafiero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:39
Member (2005)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Jun 5, 2011

Dear All,

I am new at Trados Studio 2009. I received a project from a new customer who asked me to use trados studio 2009 and sent me just a Project Package which I opened with Trados Studio and started to translate, but he asked me also to use tag editor for this project and to follow the TM settings.
How is it possible to use tag editor and trados studio at the same time?
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Regards,

Valentina

Martina-K  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:39
Italian to German
+ ...
Translation of ttx file using Studio 2009 Jun 5, 2011

Dear Valentina,

I am using Trados 2007 for quite a while now and recently attended a training course on Studio 2009. According to the trainer, it is not possible to use TagEditor together with Studio 2009 but you can translate the ttx file (created in Trados 2007 + TagEditor) with Studio 2009 by simply opening the ttx file in your project. It is converted into a *.sdlxliff file. Once you are finished with the translation you create the bilingual ttx file by using File - Save target
... See more
Dear Valentina,

I am using Trados 2007 for quite a while now and recently attended a training course on Studio 2009. According to the trainer, it is not possible to use TagEditor together with Studio 2009 but you can translate the ttx file (created in Trados 2007 + TagEditor) with Studio 2009 by simply opening the ttx file in your project. It is converted into a *.sdlxliff file. Once you are finished with the translation you create the bilingual ttx file by using File - Save target as.
Important 1: the original ttx file is overwritten when saving as target so you may want to keep a copy of it in a different folder.
Important 2: the customer's package must contain such a ttx file because you cannot create it in Studio 2009.

I hope this helps a little.

Have a nice Sunday
Martina
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to use Tag editor and Trados studio at the same time?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search