Local time: 16:28
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jun 5, 2011

The following error message showed up when I clicked on save:

Runtime Error!
Program: ... Files (x86)\SDL International\T2007_FL\TagEditor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Then, when I tried to open the file again, another error message appeared:

(40007): Error reading TTX file: The input ended before all started tags
... See more
The following error message showed up when I clicked on save:

Runtime Error!
Program: ... Files (x86)\SDL International\T2007_FL\TagEditor.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

Then, when I tried to open the file again, another error message appeared:

(40007): Error reading TTX file: The input ended before all started tags were ended. Last tag started was 'Raw'

PLEASE HELP!!
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 17:28
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You sure all tags are there? Jun 5, 2011

I think you should check that all tags are there. To me it seems that you forgot to add some tag (a closing tag).

An easy way to check is to go the first segment, open it, and then use Transate to fuzzy. This will go through all the segments and TagEditor will stop and show a warning/question when TagEditor finds a segment with a missing tag. Add the missing tag or correct the order of the tags if you changed their position in the segment, and continue this way until the end of the
... See more
I think you should check that all tags are there. To me it seems that you forgot to add some tag (a closing tag).

An easy way to check is to go the first segment, open it, and then use Transate to fuzzy. This will go through all the segments and TagEditor will stop and show a warning/question when TagEditor finds a segment with a missing tag. Add the missing tag or correct the order of the tags if you changed their position in the segment, and continue this way until the end of the file.

Good luck!
Collapse

Alexandra Sarmento  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem unsolved Jun 5, 2011

Thank you Tomás,

The tags are all there... I did exactly as you told me and the problem is still there!

Don't you think it could have something to do with the installation on Windows 7 (x86). Is it normal that the file extension is (file name).xls.ttx ?

Thanks again!

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Was it originally an XLS file? Jun 6, 2011

Alexandra Sarmento wrote:
Don't you think it could have something to do with the installation on Windows 7 (x86). Is it normal that the file extension is (file name).xls.ttx ?

TagEditor is extremely picky with things. If you got this TTX file from a customer, it's best to let them save it. If you made it yourself, you might want to make it again from the original file, retranslate, and try again, all after rebooting your computer.

Have you translated other Excel file correctly with TagEditor and the same computer setup, or have you uninstalled o installed something in this time (new operating system, reinstalled Microsoft Office...)?

Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still not working Jun 6, 2011

Hi again, Tomás

Well, the thing is that I translated the file on TagEditor (from scratch) on 1 computer (desktop - Windows XP, Office Pro 2003) and it was working fine. The problem was when I edited it on my laptop, which is new (Windows 7, Office 2007)... I'll see if this problem arises when I try to edit it on my desktop... fingers crossed!

Thanks again!
Alexandra

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Typical Jun 6, 2011

Unfortunately what you describe is the scenario TagEditor is very picky about.

You can safely translate and edit the TTX file wherever you like as long as TagEditor works on the platfirm, but when it comes to saving the translated file, you definitely want to use the same computer and setup you used when you created the TTX file...

Good luck with it!

Portugal
Member (2008)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Picky TagEditor! Jun 6, 2011

Yes, in fact... I think that was the problem... It worked fine just now on my desktop (where I initially started). While I was editing on my laptop, all new information was successfully stored in the TM, but when it came to saving the file--- KAPUT! The nightmare is over!
Thanks for all your help! I hope I can be as useful to you one day...

Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Don't mention it! Jun 6, 2011

I am glad you found the way out of the problem. Indeed TagEditor is not the most flexible tool out there...
Take care!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TagEditor Error prompted when attempting to save

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search