SDL Trados 2007: How can I keep the bilingual word document?
Thread poster: dava90

dava90
Local time: 14:58
French to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 7, 2011

Hello,

I'm an university student. I'm learning about Trados 2007, and I would like to ask a question.

The thing is that when I translate a document I need to keep three documents. I mean I need the original one, the translated one and a bilingual document.
There's no problem when I do it in class, but when I do my homework with my laptop, something happens. I cannot keep the bilingual document. If I close the translation, the original phrases are replaced with th
... See more
Hello,

I'm an university student. I'm learning about Trados 2007, and I would like to ask a question.

The thing is that when I translate a document I need to keep three documents. I mean I need the original one, the translated one and a bilingual document.
There's no problem when I do it in class, but when I do my homework with my laptop, something happens. I cannot keep the bilingual document. If I close the translation, the original phrases are replaced with the translation. Instead of keeping the two languages it keeps just the second one. It's supposed to keep both of them so I could clean the document with Workbench and I'd have the three documents.

Do you know how to avoid that?
Thank you. David.

I'm sorry for my english.

---------------

Hola,

Soy un estudiante universitario, estoy dando clases de Trados 2007 y quería hacer una pregunta.

El caso es que cuando traduzco un documento con este programa, necesito guardar tres documentos. El original, el traducido y el bilingüe.
No hay ningún problema si lo hago en clase, pero cuando lo hago en mi portátil, sí lo hay. No puedo guardar el bilingüe. Si cierro la traducción, los segmentos originales son reemplazados por la traducción. En lugar de mantener un archivo con las dos lenguas sólo aparece la traducción. Se supone que debe mantener ambos y después debo limpiar el archivo con Workbench y así tendría los tres documentos.

¿Sabe alguien cómo cambiarlo?
Gracias, David.
Collapse

István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
Perhaps... Jun 8, 2011

In Word, click on the paragraph mark in the toolbar to make the source text visible/not visible.

dava90
French to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Jun 8, 2011

Thank you for your help! I don't know how but I've pushed Crtl + Z or something and now it works. Seriously, don't ask me how. Thank you very much, anyway.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados 2007: How can I keep the bilingual word document?

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search