Multiterm termbase - cannot find .mtw file.
Thread poster: XXXphxxx (X)

XXXphxxx (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:50
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jun 8, 2011

Apologies in advance for a potentially dumb question... I have recently upgraded from Trados 7 to 2007 and Studio 2009. I managed to export my termbase and import it to Multiterm 2009 however when I try to Browse for it in Workbench 2007 I cannot find it. I don't seem to have it in .mtw format. Any ideas please?

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:50
Member (1970)
English
2009 is not *.mtw Jun 8, 2011

Hi,

If you have now got an SDL MultiTerm 2009 termbase then the file you are looking for will be an *.sdltb and not an *.mtw. My guess that you are searching under the option for MultiTerm 5 as opposed to MultiTerm 9.

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It's the only one I've got Jun 8, 2011

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your input. However, when I open Workbench 2007 and go to Options>Term Recognition Options the only Multiterm versions listed there are MultiTerm 5 and 8 and I can only browse for an .mtw file.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:50
Member (1970)
English
If you... Jun 8, 2011

... select MT8 are you given the option to select an *.sdltb. Might be a silly question but I'd just like to check.

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Doh! Jun 8, 2011

That worked! Don't know why I didn't think of it. Thanks Paul - you're a lifesaver

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm termbase - cannot find .mtw file.

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search