Sandrine Zérouali  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 09:30
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Jun 8, 2011

Hello everybody,

I installed Trados 2007 on my both computers (PC and portable). For some technical problems, I had to uninstall Trados on the portable PC. It is not the 1st time I did it. And now, I can run only on a demo version. When I enter the licence key I have the following message :

"The activation of the fulfillment is denied by the activation policy because max extra acts exceeded # 6905-6615770 (Error code 50040)".

Does it means that I installed and uninstalled too much on the same PC and now it doesn't want anymore?

Can you help me, please?

Thank you very much in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

matt robinson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:30
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
use of language Jun 8, 2011

Within the world of computer error messages I have come to expect sloppy language use (although the use of metalanguage to exclude intelligent outsiders is an age-old practice(see medicine, law and the rest!)) but I would have expected translation software to have paid particular attention to this issue.

I'm sorry but I can't help you. You will have to go to the creator.

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Error message translated Jun 8, 2011

This will probably mean that you have exceeded the maximum number of license activations. Did you return your license before you uninstalled Trados from your laptop? If not, then your license activation on your laptop is the culprit.

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Limit of the uninstallation Jun 8, 2011

Hello,

Thank you for your answers. I knew that I had to return the activate code if I wanted to install the code on a new computer but I didn't know that I have to do the same whereas it is on the same computer!!!???

Now, how can I do to reactivate the licence on my laptop???

In the licences manager I have the following message : "No information about SDL licenses could be retrieved. Please check your license locations.
The specified license could not be found".

I find that very frustrating that I can't use my software as I want on only one computer!!!!

Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Strange Jun 8, 2011

Hello Sandrine,
it seems to me as if you had reinstalled Windows on that particular machine. Otherwise I cannot explain how your license could have gone. (Although it is always recommended to return your license before uninstalling Trados, but that's a different story.)
Actually, there is one more possible explanation: you have replaced your network card without returning your Trados license first, but that doesn't sound very probable in the case of a laptop machine.

I suspect the only way to retreive your license is to contact SDL Customer Support on a licensing issue and to ask them to provide you with one more license. Meanwhile you can still transfer your single license between your desktop and your laptop.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Use the Solution Finder Jun 8, 2011

Hi Sandrine,

The error message you have received relates to you trying to use more activations than you have available. Typing 50040 into the search in the KB brings up two articles and the second one - http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=2298&p=1 - explains the problem quite well.

The resolution, if you are unable to return your license before tying to install the software again, is to use the Solution Finder like this.

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I have lost one of my license activations.

This will bring up a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and the licensing team can reset your license for you, normally within a day.

I hope this helps.

Regards

Paul

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Support form Jun 8, 2011

Hello Paul,

I sent the form tonight. I hope I can get back my license for my laptop.

Can you tell me what I have to do in case of needing to uninstall it again? Shall I have to contact SDL support before doing something?

Thank you.

United Kingdom
English
Returning Licenses Jun 8, 2011

Hi Sandrine,

If you go to your licenses in your My Account, you will see underneath your licenses this image and links:

The second link will explain how to return the license, and the first how to activate again. They are very short, and explanatory, so I would recommend you watch these.

Kind regards

Paul

[Edited at 2011-06-08 22:41 GMT]

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDL Licences Manager Jun 9, 2011

Dear Paul,

Thank you for trying to help me.

I did see the video before but when I checked in the SDL License Manager, I have the following message : "No information about SDL Licenses could be retrieved. Please check your license locations. The specified license could not be found".

So I can't even return it!!!

United Kingdom
English
Which of your computers? Jun 10, 2011

Hi Sandrine,

Just checking... are you referring to the computer with the fresh install or the one that still works fine? It sounds as though you are looking at the unlicensed installation.

How did you get on with the license renewal in the solution finder? I asked yesterday to make sure it was sorted for you and we seem to be having trouble reaching you. Your license has been reset.

Regards

Paul

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Laptop Jun 10, 2011

Dear Paul,

I have problem with the license on my laptop where I installed 1st my license!! As I said, after reinstall several times I have the message : "No information about SDL Licenses could be retrieved. Please check your license locations. The specified license could not be found" in the SDL License Manager.

I have no problem with the license I installed on my new computer (well, it is already more than a year).

What do you mean by "Your license has been reset"? Normally, I have 1 license for 2 computers and it appears "in use : 1".

Regarding the solution finder, nobody contacted me. I am still waiting for any help regarding this problem.

United Kingdom
English
Try it again Jun 10, 2011

Hi Sandrine,

I think this was my point. On your 1st computer you don't have the license anymore so this is probably why you can't return it.

The licensing team have apparently had some messages bounced back when they tried to contact you yesterday, but I am advised that you do have a license available now. I think because you have the CCM Suite it doesn't show (role on the new licensing models) but it has been made available to you.

Can you try to activate your product again and let me know if it doesn't work... or if it does?

Regards

Paul

Algeria
Member (2008)
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
License activated Jun 11, 2011

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your help. I could reactivate my license key on my laptop (old computer).

Thank you too the others for their answers.

Have a nice week-end.

Mervyn Henderson  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
I have this message too, but no "I have lost ..." message Mar 16, 2014

Paul, this message comes up and I've done like you said, but nothing like that comes up in the Solutions Finder. I recently had the compter emptied, but this is not a question of moving it to another PC, it's the same one.

I've entered my licence number twice now, and Studio 2009 refuses to start.

Best,

Mervyn

United Kingdom
English
Follow this route.. Mar 16, 2014

Go to the Knowledgebase;

http://kb.sdl.com

Then go to the tab called Solution Finder ( http://kb.sdl.com/?cid=23&tab=sf ) and now go here;

Licensing Problems
- I use SDL Trados Studio / SDL Passolo – 2011 or 2014
-- I need to have my license reset

You will be presented with a form that you can fill in to generate a support request and you will be contacted, normally within a day.

Also make sure your email address is entered correctly or nobody will be able to get back in touch with you.

I hope this helps... and if you have a spinning icon that won't allow you to see the form try a different browser. Chrome seems to be the most effective.

Regards

Paul

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The activation of the fulfillment is denied

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search