Thread poster: Federico Berti

Federico Berti
Italy
Local time: 15:45
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 8, 2011

Hello everyone,

need help with a minor problem that is slowing me down while translating.

After receiving a new project I immediately noticed that the .ttx had the target segments filled with the source text, just like when we click the "Copy source" button.

Now the problem is that every time, when 100% and saved to TM, the taget segment should be automatically inserted by TagEditor, but this is not happening. Everytime I have to manually replace the conten
... See more
Hello everyone,

need help with a minor problem that is slowing me down while translating.

After receiving a new project I immediately noticed that the .ttx had the target segments filled with the source text, just like when we click the "Copy source" button.

Now the problem is that every time, when 100% and saved to TM, the taget segment should be automatically inserted by TagEditor, but this is not happening. Everytime I have to manually replace the contenet of my 100% segments, existing in the TM, into the target area replacing the text in it.

Is there some setting or anything else I could change to restore the auto propagate function for 100% and confirmed segments?

Practically, at the end, this will cost me hours due to the great number of segments.

I have no source files and no way to obtain them from the client, any suggestion?

Thank You in advance for your precious help

Regards

Federico
Collapse

Hazel Underwood  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:45
Member (2005)
German to English
+ ...
Pretranslated file Jun 8, 2011

Hi Federico,

I dont' have a solution I'm afraid. It sounds like the client has sent a pretranslated file and had the option "Segment unknown sentences" ticked.

Can the client resend the pretranslated TTX without this option ticked at all?

If you aren't able to do this. Hopefully someone else will have the solution.

Good luck!

Hazel

Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:45
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
A very general idea Jun 8, 2011

If you have Studio 2009, you can simply open the TTX there and delete the copied source segments.

If not, you can use CTRL + A, CTRL+C in the Tag Editor to select and copy the content, and then paste it into Word. Now, you'll have something like a typical Trados Word file, except the Trados styles are not defined. Copy the Trados styles from another file and apply them to your document or define the styles directly as appropriate. Now, use PlusToyz or another macro for restoring sou
... See more
If you have Studio 2009, you can simply open the TTX there and delete the copied source segments.

If not, you can use CTRL + A, CTRL+C in the Tag Editor to select and copy the content, and then paste it into Word. Now, you'll have something like a typical Trados Word file, except the Trados styles are not defined. Copy the Trados styles from another file and apply them to your document or define the styles directly as appropriate. Now, use PlusToyz or another macro for restoring source documents in Word (you can search SDL Trados Proz forums for that). Translate the document, and then use the TM to batch translate the TTX file (the copied source segments will be replaced). Review the file and make adjustments if necessary.

Hope that helps.
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:45
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Tools > Translate > Update file > OK Jun 9, 2011

Just in case, for safety purposes, work in a copy of the ttx file.

What you should do is to overwrite the ttx sent by your client with the content in your translation memory. To do that, in workbench,

Tools > Translate >(select:) Update file > OK

The failure of this procedure is that if your client has provided you a reviewed/modifyed version of your translation, you will be reversing the translation job, to a previous non reviewed job.

------
... See more
Just in case, for safety purposes, work in a copy of the ttx file.

What you should do is to overwrite the ttx sent by your client with the content in your translation memory. To do that, in workbench,

Tools > Translate >(select:) Update file > OK

The failure of this procedure is that if your client has provided you a reviewed/modifyed version of your translation, you will be reversing the translation job, to a previous non reviewed job.

---------
I hope it helps.

Regards

Clarisa
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem: TagEditor and Workbench

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search