On Studio 2009 Placeables...
Thread poster: Alper Zafer

Alper Zafer
Turkey
Local time: 08:31
English to Turkish
Jun 9, 2011

Hello everyone,

Firstly, I don't have a long history with Trados. Until recently I had used Trados 2007 and "translate to fuzzy" a lot to create a translation memory from older translations. But I didn't use the internet to look up words as much as I did for trados errors. Then I migrated to Studio 2009, learned "Confirm and move to next unconfirmed" just yesterday but it just doesn't work like "translate to fuzzy" or I don't know right settings.

Here is my question: "1
... See more
Hello everyone,

Firstly, I don't have a long history with Trados. Until recently I had used Trados 2007 and "translate to fuzzy" a lot to create a translation memory from older translations. But I didn't use the internet to look up words as much as I did for trados errors. Then I migrated to Studio 2009, learned "Confirm and move to next unconfirmed" just yesterday but it just doesn't work like "translate to fuzzy" or I don't know right settings.

Here is my question: "15.5.8 lkajnvavav asvavş 23" is how "15.5.8 lkajnvavav asvavş 23" is displayed in Studio source segment.

"lkajnvavav asvavş" is already in the memory after alignment and importing. But why doesn't Studio paste "23" automatically? Trados 2007 did. I can't benefit from alignment properly and how can I be sure of the same formatting in the target segment; for example the space before the number 23..? Copy/paste is time wasting for a simple placeable? Can you give me some tips?

Thanks a lot.
Collapse

Alper Zafer
Turkey
Local time: 08:31
English to Turkish
TOPIC STARTER
correction Jun 10, 2011

I guess I should have written as such:

"15.5.8 lkajnvavav asvavş" is how "15.5.8 lkajnvavav asvavş 23" is displayed in Studio target segment.

Is "Ctrl+comma" the easiest way to get the placeable 23? Why doesn't Studio insert it into target segment automatically like Trados 2007 did?

Also how can I be sure the same formatting is applied in the target segment?

Thanks anyways...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

On Studio 2009 Placeables...

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search