Can't convert to translatable because of TrackChanges...but there are no Track Changes
Thread poster: Vitals

Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 16:16
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Jun 9, 2011

Dear all,

I am working with SDL Studio 2009 and the Word 2003 doc does not want to be converted into translatable format because of (this is what Trados says) "Tracked changes that have not been rejected or accepted". In fact, there are no Track Changes in that file. The text is Lithuanian.

How can I make it covert to translatable?

Thank you in advance.
VS

Vitals  Identity Verified
Lithuania
Local time: 16:16
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found the answer Jun 9, 2011

Sorry for bothering you with this question, I have finally found the answer in one of the German forums here on Proz.com where a colleague saved it as _.docx and everything went smooth.

The same method worked for me.

Have a nice day!

VS

AWSALLES
Brazil
Local time: 10:16
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Resave it in another format then back Jun 9, 2011

I had that problem more than once. The only workaround for me was to open the file in Word 2007, save in docx format, then back to doc. If the problem is not solved, try saving in RTF then back to doc. Then relaunch Trados and try translating again.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 15:16
French to German
+ ...
Change the option in File Types Jun 9, 2011

If you are sure that you have accepted all changes in your Word document and deactivated "Track Changes" before resaving the document, you can get around this problem by going to '"Tools - Options - File Types - Microsoft Word 200 - 2003 - Other settings" and check the option "Process documents with non accepted or rejected changes".

After having done this, you'll have to reopen the document (in a new project).

This is a known bug of Microsoft Word. It is also describ
... See more
If you are sure that you have accepted all changes in your Word document and deactivated "Track Changes" before resaving the document, you can get around this problem by going to '"Tools - Options - File Types - Microsoft Word 200 - 2003 - Other settings" and check the option "Process documents with non accepted or rejected changes".

After having done this, you'll have to reopen the document (in a new project).

This is a known bug of Microsoft Word. It is also described here:

http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3253&p=1

Walter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't convert to translatable because of TrackChanges...but there are no Track Changes

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search