Recompute fuzzy index stats not working?
Thread poster: Atso Puronen

Atso Puronen
Local time: 23:06
English to Finnish
Jun 9, 2011

Hi,

I''ve been getting odd results from my TM (fuzzy matches show up as 100% and vice versa) and decided to try out the Performance and Tuning section in TM settings.

"Re-index Translation Memory" is working, but "Recompute Fuzzy Index Statistics" isn't. It tells me recomputation was successful but it still says "Its is recommended that the statistics are recomputed, because the translation memory has significantly grown in size." (the typo is real, BTW)

"T
... See more
Hi,

I''ve been getting odd results from my TM (fuzzy matches show up as 100% and vice versa) and decided to try out the Performance and Tuning section in TM settings.

"Re-index Translation Memory" is working, but "Recompute Fuzzy Index Statistics" isn't. It tells me recomputation was successful but it still says "Its is recommended that the statistics are recomputed, because the translation memory has significantly grown in size." (the typo is real, BTW)

"Translation units added since" count doesn't reset so obviously no recomputing is done.

I've tried this on TMs stored locally and on file server, no difference.
Collapse

Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:06
Member (2002)
German to English
+ ...
I think it is something to do with Kaspersky Jun 10, 2011

I had similar problems some time ago, and it only proved necessary to amend the status of Multiterm in Kaspersky to a fully approved program. The status of Studio also needs to be amended in Kaspersky.

[Edited at 2011-06-10 07:05 GMT]

Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Using AVG Jun 10, 2011

Hello Astrid,

I'm using AVG 2011 but virus protection nontheless. I added Studio and MultiTerm to allowed list in Identity Protection according to AVG's instructions but no luck so far. I'll continue my investigations!

Atso

Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
No luck yet... Jul 6, 2011

I haven't found a solution to this yet on my own. I'm currently unable to log this issue with SDL Support directly, but has anyone else experiencing this?

Atso Puronen
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
AVG is not to blame... Jul 7, 2011

Okay, I've now tried this function on a PC which doesn't have any kind of Virus protection installed: no luck.

This is becoming a real issue to us as we have a big legacy TM (180 000 units) which has never been recomputed due to this issue (not even when it was created). We are getting constant ”index was outside the bounds of the array” messages and I'm afraid the TM is not giving us much leverage because of this.

Am I the only one currently suffering from this issue?

Dr. Matthias Schauen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:06
Member (2007)
English to German
Two remarks Jul 26, 2011

Hello Atso,

1. In my case, I had to restart Studio after recomputing Fuzzy Index for Studio to notice that the index had been recomputed: the warning disappeared and "Statistics last updated on..." showed the present date.

2. According to SDL, Re-indexing the TM includes recomputing the Fuzzy Index:
... See more
Hello Atso,

1. In my case, I had to restart Studio after recomputing Fuzzy Index for Studio to notice that the index had been recomputed: the warning disappeared and "Statistics last updated on..." showed the present date.

2. According to SDL, Re-indexing the TM includes recomputing the Fuzzy Index: http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20TM%20Server%202009%20SP3/en/mergedProjects/TMServer/TMs/TM_Performance_Settings.htm

Good luck,

Matthias
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recompute fuzzy index stats not working?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search