An error occurs while converting fields back to Microsoft Word Format: Possible Field deletion
Thread poster: keith-zhi
Jun 11, 2011

When I finished working , i tried to save my translated file but failed. The error information is "An error occurs while converting fields back to Microsoft Word Format: Possible Field deletion". I am very confused and frustrated. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much!

Joop Fraikin  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:14
Member (2002)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Maybe you deleted a tag somewhere Jun 12, 2011

keith-zhi wrote:

When I finished working , i tried to save my translated file but failed. The error information is "An error occurs while converting fields back to Microsoft Word Format: Possible Field deletion". I am very confused and frustrated. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much!

Hi Keith-Zhi,

I have had this problem a couple of times. In my case, this happened when I accidently deleted (a) tag(s) in a segment, for instance if you have a URL in a segment it is usually between tags (pink or purple-ish little things, maybe they're not even called tags...). I added the tags in the target segment (copied and pasted from the source) and that solved my problem. Hopefuly this works for you too!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 14:14
French to German
+ ...
Look out for Internet adresses Jun 12, 2011

This is a quite common error and due to the fact that you have a segment that contains a <field> tag, which has not been transferred to the target segment. <field> tags MUST always be transferred from source to tag. When you confirm a segment that contains such an error you get an error in the status column (white cross on red circle). This should allow you to find the faulty segment in your document. <field> tags usually appear in URL (Internet addresses, which are usually enc... See more
This is a quite common error and due to the fact that you have a segment that contains a <field> tag, which has not been transferred to the target segment. <field> tags MUST always be transferred from source to tag. When you confirm a segment that contains such an error you get an error in the status column (white cross on red circle). This should allow you to find the faulty segment in your document. <field> tags usually appear in URL (Internet addresses, which are usually enclosed in <field><cf>www.xxx.yy</cf></field>.

If you correct the error on the faulty segment and confirm it, the error should disappear. Try then to do a preview of the target to see if the problem is solved (is faster than saving as target and does the same).

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2011-06-12 16:58 GMT]
Collapse

keith-zhi
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 16, 2011

Thank you very much. I have solved the problem. Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

An error occurs while converting fields back to Microsoft Word Format: Possible Field deletion

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search