Auto correction in SDL Studio
Thread poster: Eileen Cartoon

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:57
Italian to English
Jun 11, 2011

I type extremely fast but I do make a lot of typos. Is there a way in Studio to apply the autocorrect feature like in Word where you can teach the program common typos and correct them automatically. For example I almost always type the simple word "the" as "teh" and have to constantly correct. I Word I no longer have to but in Studio I do. I haven't found a way to add this. If any of you computer savvy people know how, I would really love to know.
Thanks
Eileen

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
'fraid not Jun 11, 2011

Unfortunately Studio doesn't have all the features of a word processor.
I miss the autocorrection you mention, and also correction of 2nd uppercase letters. (THis is what I mean).

It does have autotext, which is useful if you have long words to type that keep appearing (this is a customised list), and there is also autoSuggest, which is similar but is automatically created from large TMs, but I'm afraid neither are exactly what you're looking for.

Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
Same here Jun 12, 2011

I'd love to have autocorrection in Studio.
Actually I logged in an idea at SDL Ideas requestion autocorrection for Studio. So please vote for it, if SDL sees that more people miss this feature, they may give it to us at some point (I know, I am an idealist).

[Edited at 2011-06-12 16:54 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Auto correction in SDL Studio

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search