saber fathi
saber fathi  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 10:30
English
+ ...
Jun 14, 2011

Dear Colleagues,
I still use Trados 2006 but one of my providers use Trados 2009. How can I use (convert) his translation to my version of trados?
Thanks in advance!

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:30
English to Turkish
+ ...
ttx format Jun 14, 2011

You can send tageditor ttx files for translation, Studio supports this format. But there is no support for bilingual rtf files.

Studio comes as a package with SDL Trados 2007, so you can ask your translators to use Trados 2007 only.

saber fathi
Egypt
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
is there an expotr file? Jun 14, 2011

Thanks selcuk
But is there an expotr filethat I can use from Trados 2009? As my provider has finished translation and sent me a clean (monolingual) flie.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
TMs can be exported/imported via TMX Jun 16, 2011

Yes, he can send you a filtered TMX export of his TM, which you can import into your TM in Workbench. This also works the other way round.

And, as Selcuk pointed out, if you send him a TTX file, he can translate it in Studio and send it back to you. You can then open it in Tag Editor, revise it and do the clean up.

As long as you work with TE in your 2006 version, compatibility will exist. The only thing you cannot do is exchange bilingual Word files as this format has
... See more
Yes, he can send you a filtered TMX export of his TM, which you can import into your TM in Workbench. This also works the other way round.

And, as Selcuk pointed out, if you send him a TTX file, he can translate it in Studio and send it back to you. You can then open it in Tag Editor, revise it and do the clean up.

As long as you work with TE in your 2006 version, compatibility will exist. The only thing you cannot do is exchange bilingual Word files as this format has definitely been buried.

Walter
Collapse

saber fathi
Egypt
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for help Jun 16, 2011

Thank you for your help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Making use of Trados studio 2009 in trados 2006 version

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »