Trados: How to modify the a href part of links in html files?
Thread poster: Clara Gómez Pérez

Clara Gómez Pérez
Local time: 20:08
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 23, 2011

Hi everyone!

I'm translating some html files and need to change not only the text of the link, but also the link itself. The problem is that Trados blocks this content and won't let me change it. I've already tried to change both Trados settings and the project setting in File types ->HTML ->Elements and attributes --> A. I've marked href as a translatable attribute and specified that the element content is always translatable. But it is still not working.

Well, I've ev
... See more
Hi everyone!

I'm translating some html files and need to change not only the text of the link, but also the link itself. The problem is that Trados blocks this content and won't let me change it. I've already tried to change both Trados settings and the project setting in File types ->HTML ->Elements and attributes --> A. I've marked href as a translatable attribute and specified that the element content is always translatable. But it is still not working.

Well, I've even marked everything as translatable just out of despair, but it didn't work either...

I had this problem before and managed to solve it, but I've tried everything already and cannot figure out what's wrong this time. Has someone perhaps any ideas / suggestions /experiences? I'd be very grateful to solve this problem for once and for all!

Thanks in advance!

Clara
Collapse

Peter Linton  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:08
Swedish to English
+ ...
Edit later Jun 23, 2011

Nothing is wrong -- it is by design, however annoying in individual cases.
One solution is to ignore the hrefs for time being, and simply edit the fields once you have cleaned up your translation.

RWSTranslation
Germany
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
sdlfiletype bug? Jun 23, 2011

Hi Clara,

What you describe is exactly what is to be done. Now, if you changed the filetype in the "new project" wizard it won't work because... there's a bug...

Either you change the filetype first in the template you use (or in tools/options if you use the "default" template), or you make the filetype changes at the end of the wizard, window project summary, button project settings.

I wrote a post about this problem on my blog: ...
See more
Hi Clara,

What you describe is exactly what is to be done. Now, if you changed the filetype in the "new project" wizard it won't work because... there's a bug...

Either you change the filetype first in the template you use (or in tools/options if you use the "default" template), or you make the filetype changes at the end of the wizard, window project summary, button project settings.

I wrote a post about this problem on my blog: http://studiotroubleshooting.blogspot.com/2011/04/file-types-in-new-project-wizard-are.html

I made a test with this (erase the spaces):

< html >< body >< a href="test.com" >this is a test< /a >< /body >< /html >

and it works: 2 Segments "this is a test" and "test.com"

Sébastien
Collapse

Clara Gómez Pérez
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, now it's working again! Jun 30, 2011

Thanks for the answers! The first batch of files is still not working, but I added new html files and the links can finally be modified. That's a really annoying bug!

Clara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados: How to modify the a href part of links in html files?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search