Lenah Susianty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:33
Member (2004)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Jun 24, 2011

Hi everyone,

I have just installed Trados 2009 and soon after that my computer wouldn't shut down. I clicked and clicked the turn off button, it wouldn't turn off (it even didn't work when i pressed the button on the computer (not on the screen, the real on/off button). So I uninstalled Trados 2009, and hey ho, the computer was fine again. So yesterday I tried to reinstall the 2009 to see what happened, and this morning again I have the shutting down problem. WHAT should I do? I never had this problem with Trados 2007.

thank you

Direct link Reply with quote

Petra Freidl  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 23:33
Russian to German
+ ...
Trados Jun 24, 2011

Hi, I've the same problem and am waiting for a response from the support center. Will send you the answer as soon as I got it. Kind regards
Petra

Raúl Casanova  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 18:33
English to Spanish
Previous discussion Jun 24, 2011

Seems to point to Multiterm 2009 SP4 as the cupright, while running under XP. See the last two entries at the forum. Good luck, Raúl
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/194461-sdl_multiterm_service_pack_4.html

[Edited at 2011-06-24 11:58 GMT]

Raúl Casanova  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 18:33
English to Spanish
Previous discussion Jun 24, 2011

Seems to point to Multiterm 2009 SP4 as the cupright, while running under XP. See the last two entries at the forum. Good luck, Raúl

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
multiterm widget Jun 24, 2011

Thanks Petra and Raul.
Yes please Petra, please let me know when you have the answer.
Raul, I just saw that on the bottom right side of my computer screen there is now a multiterm widget. Is that the culprit? But will check the previous answers.

Thank you

Lenah

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 16:33
Spanish to French
+ ...
Same here Jun 24, 2011

I've had the same problem and resorted to killing the "synergy.exe" process in the Task Manager every time I shut down my computer, and it works.

Sonja Kroll  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Hah people, Jun 24, 2011

thank you SO MUCH! I had already given up, developing the absurdest methods to shut down my machine that would not shut down!
Ah isn't it great when the pain ceases just by stumbling over the fora (... this pain caused by the most expensive and troublesome thingy-that-I-should-never-have-bought of all so far )!

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
synergi exe? Jun 24, 2011

Hi Nicholas, I couldn't see any synergy .exe in the task manager... where to find it?

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
complain to SDl Jun 24, 2011

Hi Sonja, maybe we all have to write complaint letters to SDL!

Nicolas Coyer  Identity Verified
Colombia
Local time: 16:33
Spanish to French
+ ...
now I can't find it... typical! Jun 24, 2011

Hi Lenah,

After reading your question, I checked again in my Task Manager, and I could not find the process. Maybe it only runs when SDL 2007 Suite has been open during the session...
I'll have a look this evening before shutting down and will get back to you!

Nicolas

Lenah Susianty wrote:

Hi Nicholas, I couldn't see any synergy .exe in the task manager... where to find it?

[Edited at 2011-06-24 20:42 GMT]

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I found the solution! Jun 24, 2011

Hi everyone,

After spending lots of time at SDL customer portal : http://talisma.sdl.com
I found the solution (Yes Nicholas, it's the synergy launcher).
when you go to http://talisma.sdl.com, check on the left side there is a list under SDL KB. Click on installation. Then the column on right side should showCategory Installation.
There are so many articles there, so what you want is to click page 12 where you can find an article NO 3590 :
Windows XP cannot shut down after installing SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP4

Open the article, the solution is there. You can choose the automatic one (by downloading an attachment to clean the synergy launcher) or the manual way.

I have downloaded the automatic solution and I can now shut down the computer.
Good luck every one!

Petra Freidl  Identity Verified
Austria
Russian to German
+ ...
Trados shut down - found the solution Jul 14, 2011

Hi, sorry for the very late reply, but I didn't get any answer from the sdl team but finally found a solution, - I didn't read the comments, so probably somebody already proposed that:
I had to open the task manager and had to close an sdl programm that was running all the time without me realising that. Afterwards everthing went well.

Best regards
Petra

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 makes my computer cannot shut down

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search