Thread poster: Ditte Duclert

Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:59
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
Jun 24, 2011

So I am trying to create a .sdltm from two excel files I have (which are in fact just glossaries in the source and target languages).

I have aligned the two files with WinAlign and exported the file so I now have a .tmx file. So far so good, right? (However, WinAlign won't let me see the aligned files and I cannot figure out how to edit them but that might be a different problem all together).

Now I have a .tmx file which I would like to use in Studio 2009, but when I
... See more
So I am trying to create a .sdltm from two excel files I have (which are in fact just glossaries in the source and target languages).

I have aligned the two files with WinAlign and exported the file so I now have a .tmx file. So far so good, right? (However, WinAlign won't let me see the aligned files and I cannot figure out how to edit them but that might be a different problem all together).

Now I have a .tmx file which I would like to use in Studio 2009, but when I try to open it, Studio tells me that I need to upgrade the file, which I do. But when that upgrade is complete and the TM opens I only see 50 pairs - the original Excel files have nearly 5000 pairs.

What is going on? Can someone see where I might have gone wrong? Or might you have a suggestion for what I can do differently?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Collapse

Ditte Duclert  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:59
Member (2011)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Haha Jun 24, 2011

Now I found all the rest of the nearly 5000 pairs, you just need to click the arrow on the bar to view them.

And I managed to create the tm in the end. Phew. Now it's time to go to bed, my head is spinning.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creating SDLTM from 2 excel files

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search