Freelance 2007: Unsuccessful TM import from Studio 2009
Thread poster: Tor Rustad
Tor Rustad
Tor Rustad
Local time: 17:03
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Jun 26, 2011

First, I would like to apologize if I chose the wrong forum. If that is the case, please, dear
admin, push this post to the right one.

Some time ago, I upgraded from Trados 2007 (Freelance) to Trados Studio 2009.
Importing Translation memory from Freelance to Studio works fine - also translating in Studio seems to be just great.

Exporting the memeory from Studio to Freelance seems to be ok - but starting Freelance/open memory/import updated memory (as TMX 1
... See more
First, I would like to apologize if I chose the wrong forum. If that is the case, please, dear
admin, push this post to the right one.

Some time ago, I upgraded from Trados 2007 (Freelance) to Trados Studio 2009.
Importing Translation memory from Freelance to Studio works fine - also translating in Studio seems to be just great.

Exporting the memeory from Studio to Freelance seems to be ok - but starting Freelance/open memory/import updated memory (as TMX 1.4b (*tmx) I do get this message: 5969 TU's read in 3 seconds: 0 added, 5969 invalid.

The number of TU's are correct each time i try an export/import, but when opening the same job I've been working on in Studio in TagEditor Freelance 2007 (just to check if the TM update is fine) the memory is NOT updated.

To update the memory the the other way - to import updated TM from Freelance to Studio works fine.

Howan i solve this problem?
Collapse

Jenny Scott
Jenny Scott  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:03
Member (2011)
Norwegian to English
For me it was a Norwegian language code problem - change nb-NO to NO-NO Oct 4, 2011

Check out this posting, which explains it very well:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/138983-t2007:_unable_to_import_a_tmx_export_from_t2009.html#1162256

It's a language code problem, caused by Workbench using the legacy language code no-NO, whereas Studio now uses nb-NO. Studio will reco
... See more
Check out this posting, which explains it very well:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/138983-t2007:_unable_to_import_a_tmx_export_from_t2009.html#1162256

It's a language code problem, caused by Workbench using the legacy language code no-NO, whereas Studio now uses nb-NO. Studio will recognise and convert the old Workbench codes, but not the other way round.

Open your tmx file using Wordpad, use the 'replace all' feature to find and replace all instances of nb-NO to no-NO (it can take a while if your TM is big!), save the file, then it should import into Workbench no problem.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Freelance 2007: Unsuccessful TM import from Studio 2009

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »