MyMemory plug-in and text search function have stopped working
Thread poster: Joël Cathenod

Joël Cathenod
France
Local time: 00:56
English to French
Jun 28, 2011

Hello,

I have been using the MyMemory plug-in (SDL Trados 2009 SP3, Windows 7) for a large project for a couple of weeks. Two days ago (June 26th), for some unknown reason, the plug-in stopped working properly, even though it is activated. I can see a search is taking place, which eventually produces no result.

Also, the text search function (find/replace) in the Editor window fails to display. It does open in the background (the icon shows in the task bar), but it wouldn't display on the screen whatever I try.

Has anyone experienced similar problems recently?

Any help on these two matters (which seem to be connected) would be most welcome!

Fredrik Pettersson  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Member (2009)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Does MyMemory plug-in work in SDL Trados Studio 2011 + Windows XP also? Nov 28, 2011

Dear Joël,

Do you know if MyMemory plug-in works with SDL Trados Studio 2011 + Windows XP Pro also?

I have installed the file mymemory_plugin_studio_signed.exe that I downloaded,
and tried to use it in my SDL Trados Studio 2011.

But there is no alternative listed for MyMemory when I open the menu Plug-ins ... in SDL Trados Studio 2011.

Joël Cathenod
France
Local time: 00:56
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
MyMemory plug-in and Studio 2011 Nov 29, 2011

Dear Fredrik,

I am afraid I will be of no help on this matter, as I still use Studio 2009. As for the problem I experienced, it remember it solved itself a few days later...
As concerns MyMemory plug-in, I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work in Studio 2011 even under XP.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MyMemory plug-in and text search function have stopped working

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search