Laura Bissio CT  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 10:02
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 28, 2011

Hello!

Translator's Workbench 8.2.0.835 (SDL Trados 2007) crashes every time I try to analyze/clean up/translate one or more files, but it works normally in Ms Word, Tag Editor or for exporing/importing TMs.

I am using Studio 2009 much more often than 2007, but every now and then some client requests unclean Ms Word files and then I use the Workbech.

I have installed the latest patch for Studio 2009 recently.

Any suggestion?

(BTW is there a way to use Studio and get a bilingual MsWord file as it is for ttx files?)

I'd appreciate your help.

Laura

Hugh Matthews  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 14:02
Danish to English
+ ...
Why has nobody replied?? Sep 22, 2011

Seems like a pretty reasonable question. What does cause Trados to crash when analzing perfectly ordinary Word files??

You replay please to translationas@hughm.dk as I probably won't find this discussion again.

ADHD against complexity

Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Analyze still crashes Nov 16, 2011

It would be nice to know if anybody can explain why Workbench anylysis crashes, even after total re-installation of Freelance 2007.

Denmark
Danish to English
+ ...
Workbench still crashes Feb 10, 2012

OK, so people think I look silly in prize-winning Rio de Janeiro garb....

Still no offers as to why Workbench needs to crash when trying to analyse Word files ??

Ciprian Bojan
United States
Local time: 08:02
English to Romanian
Register.bat Jun 11, 2012

Run register.bat and try again to analyze/clean up/translate.

Dr. Matthias Schauen  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
Re-registering worked for me Jan 11, 2013

SDL Knowledge base Article 1855 (" Troubleshooting Crashes in Translator's Workbench") says:

"In most instances, you can rectify this problem by re-registering the SDL Trados applications. To register SDL Trados 2007 please select: Start-> Programs -> SDL International -> SDL Trados 2007 -> Trados -> Register SDL Trados 2007".

In my case (Windows 7), I had to run the registration as Administrator.

Danae Seemann  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 15:02
Greek to English
Re-registering works! Mar 11, 2013

My Trados workbench suddenly started crashing on cleanup. I tried running the "Register Trados" as an administrator (Windows 7) and it worked like a charm. Thanks!

[Edited at 2013-03-11 05:25 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Workbench crashes when trying to analyze/clean up/translate

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search