Thread poster: two2tango

two2tango  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 12:24
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jun 28, 2011

Hello,

I'd like somebody to enlighten me (asap as possible, as time is ticking..) why the Multiterm Convert progress bar shows nothing. I uploaded an Excel file for conversion and the wheels turn round and round (step 8/9 of the process) but nothing happens. I have recently downloaded the SP4 and done all the updates. Still, no luck.

Thanks a bunch!

BR

Haydée

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:24
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Data in Excel file Jun 28, 2011

Hi Two,

This has happened to me when Multiterm Convert doesn't "like" the Excel file I'm trying to convert. I have to make sure that the very first row in the Excel file has the names of my language pair, e.g., on top of each appropriate column.

Engish Spanish

If I don't do this, Multiterm Convert gets stuck.

Hope that helps!

Nora

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm Convert is my headache Jun 28, 2011

Thanks Nora,

Perhaps what it doesn`t like is that I included the sublanguages!! I have gone through this process almost 10 times. I will try without the sublanguages....one more time...

Thanks!!

Haydée

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 17:24
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Special character ? Jun 29, 2011

Hello Haydée,

another reason can be the presence of special character (e.g. "&") in the terms and fields you want to convert. Make sure that you have only letters and numbers in the Excel file.

Sébastien

FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:24
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Bad xls? Jun 29, 2011

You could also try copy-pasting the table to a txt file, then copy-pasting it from there into a new xls. Xls is a complex binary format, there could be some weird stuff going on in your file (hidden columns, tracked changes, comments, formulas, macros, odd fonts, God knows what else) that's stopping MTConvert from reading it. A new, 'clean' file could solve it.

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wonderful tips! Jun 29, 2011

Thank you all, I will try again with fresh neurons working this morning!
BR

Haydée

Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Conversion successful! Jun 29, 2011

Thank you so much!! The last tip worked wonderfully!
Haydée

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Progress bar in Multiterm Convert shows no progress

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search