Thread poster: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 02:08
English to French
Jun 30, 2011

Hi all,

I am delivering a large project with 12 files. They are DOCX files, and the client wanted TTX bilinguals, so I created TTX and worked on them in Studio. When I finalized the project, it produced the TTX fine. Then I went on to create the original files (DOCX) one by one. For 10 files it went fine, but for 2 of them (the largest), it failed with an Out of Memory error. More precisely it says:
Failed to save target content: Failed to write output file '.docx'... See more
Hi all,

I am delivering a large project with 12 files. They are DOCX files, and the client wanted TTX bilinguals, so I created TTX and worked on them in Studio. When I finalized the project, it produced the TTX fine. Then I went on to create the original files (DOCX) one by one. For 10 files it went fine, but for 2 of them (the largest), it failed with an Out of Memory error. More precisely it says:
Failed to save target content: Failed to write output file '.docx':
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown. [and with a complete stack trace]

One file has 11K words and is 15MB, the other has 18K words and is 9MB. I have used the Verification function, and there are no tag issues. This is on Vista Premium with all updates, with 4GB RAM.

I researched the issue in this forum and found several suggestions which I tried to no avail. Closing Studio, rebooting Windows and running only Studio doesn't help. Another suggestion, which was to edit the TTX by hand, removing some tags (Type="start", etc.), and working on it in Studio, didn't help either (I could work on it all right, but I got the same error).

I am also seeing this:
http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/kb/article.aspx?aid=2758&n=1&docid=7837
Does that look promising in my situation?

Any other idea?

[Edited at 2011-07-01 09:41 GMT]
Collapse

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Update: cleaning also fails on TTX with target copied from source Jul 1, 2011

Reading the forum, I saw someone from SDL suggested to try to recreate the TTX, open it in Studio, copy source to target, and try to produce the original DOCX file, in order to rule out the possibility that some tag issue has been introduced during the translation.

I did, and now it fails again with a different error message:

Failed to save target content: Failed to write output file '....FIX2.docx':
Error while converting to Word Document

... See more
Reading the forum, I saw someone from SDL suggested to try to recreate the TTX, open it in Studio, copy source to target, and try to produce the original DOCX file, in order to rule out the possibility that some tag issue has been introduced during the translation.

I did, and now it fails again with a different error message:

Failed to save target content: Failed to write output file '....FIX2.docx':
Error while converting to Word Document

(TYPE:) Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.FileTypeSupportException, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888

(SOURCE:) Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter

(BEG. OF STACK TRACE:) Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.AbstractTtxWriter.FileComplete()
Collapse

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Update: More RAM, Windows 7, fails also Jul 1, 2011

I have another PC with Windows 7 and 6GB RAM. I had not yet installed Studio SP3 on it, but I did. I created a new project, added the translated TTX, and tried to Save target as Original document. It produced the exact same error message/file as the one I got from copying source to target described in my previous post.

Update: Now I am getting Out of Memory as well on the Windows 7 box. I haven't changed anything, except that I have applied the last fixes through AutoUpdate...
... See more
I have another PC with Windows 7 and 6GB RAM. I had not yet installed Studio SP3 on it, but I did. I created a new project, added the translated TTX, and tried to Save target as Original document. It produced the exact same error message/file as the one I got from copying source to target described in my previous post.

Update: Now I am getting Out of Memory as well on the Windows 7 box. I haven't changed anything, except that I have applied the last fixes through AutoUpdate...

[Edited at 2011-07-01 10:18 GMT]
Collapse

Donglai Lou (X)
Donglai Lou (X)  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 08:08
English to Chinese
+ ...
I met the same problems a couple of times. Jul 1, 2011

I did solve this problem by:
1. Cleaning the file in a machine with more memory and faster CPU. or
2. Closing as many applications/services as possible in Task Manager to release as much memory as possible.

Good luck

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, however I tried that already Jul 1, 2011

Thanks Donglai,

However as written in my last post, I tried to clean it on a machine with 6GB, and it also failed. According to SDL's system requirements, 1GB is enough, and 2GB are recommended. So 6GB should be enough.

Adam Łobatiuk
Adam Łobatiuk  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2009)
English to Polish
+ ...
Tag Editor? Jul 1, 2011

Have you tried saving the TTX as target from Tag Editor?

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, tried Tageditor as well Jul 1, 2011

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the suggestion, sometimes one misses obvious things.
I had tried that however, and I get an error as well ("Error while converting the Word document").
I was not too surprised in that case, because I remember having problems with Suite 2007 to clean DOCX files. That was one of the reasons for me to switch to Studio, ahem...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error when trying to clean TTX in studio

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »