TM is not taking new translation
Thread poster: shweta kheria

shweta kheria  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:29
French to English
Jul 2, 2011

Hi

I just activated SDL 2007 freelance suite on my new system. Now the problem is that workbench is not taking any new translation that I am entering. Whenever I open a new segment, enter the translation in it and then close the segment, the translated part disappears. I can see only the source text again. Also when I open that segment again to see if it has been saved in TM or not, it is not there in TM also. I don't know where the translated text goes. Its a very strange problem and I could find no solution to it. I even uninstalled the software and installed again. But that also didn't help.

I have to deliver a project urgently. Ant help would be appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:59
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Try this Jul 2, 2011

I am not 100% sure if I understand the problem, but for the disappearing translated text, try this: Go in the Word file to tools - options - hidden text. See if that option is marked. If not, mark it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM is not taking new translation

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search