Where do I get free SDL support for installation problems?
Thread poster: Lucia Moon
Lucia Moon  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 18:27
English to German
+ ...
Jul 2, 2011

Hi, I am a new user to Trados and having problems installing the software. I have read all the guides and went to SDL knowledgebase and solution finder but there is no solution for my problem. According to their website we're supposed to get free support for installation and licensing problems but where can I get the free support? I also tried to log a support case but it won't let me because my account doesn't have a PSMA and refers me back to the solution finder. Seems like a catch 22....

All contact numbers listed are for Sales Support and not Technical Support or am I missing something?

Any help is appreciated - thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:27
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Solution Finder Jul 2, 2011

You were right about going to the Solution Finder.
Go to http://kb.sdl.com/
and click on the solution finder tab. Go to Download and Installation problems > "I get an error message during installation." After a couple more steps you'll come to a form that you can fill in and then SDL will contact you by e-mail.
HTH

Lucia Moon  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 18:27
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Solution Finder Jul 2, 2011

Yes, I saw this suggestion in an older forum post and tried it but it won't let me fill in the form. I get the following error:

Caught exception: Unable to get value of the property ‘node Type’: object is null or undefined

And then the required fields can't be filled in. Have you heard of this before?

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Where do I get free SDL support for installation problems?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search