Basic question about Passolo - display fuzzies and termbase entries simultaneously
Thread poster: dnitzpon
dnitzpon
Germany
Local time: 17:28
Dutch to German
+ ...
Jul 2, 2011

Hi everybody!

I'm just starting to use Passolo and I quite like it so far.
What I find really uncomfortable however is that I couldn't yet figure out a way to have the matches of the Multiterm termbase displayed in another window than the TM entries, that really costs lots of clicks.
Does anyone know if this is possible and which settings would be needed?

Thanks,

Daniel

Direct link Reply with quote

celtanc
English
Term Recognition window Jul 4, 2011

Hi Daniel

To show terminology make sure, that
Tools/Options/Translation Window/Emphasize Terminology
is ticked.

Then open the "Term Recognition" docking window. You can show it side-by-side with the TM window.

Achim Herrmann
English to German
Watch the free webinar Jul 4, 2011

Hello Daniel,

there is a free downloadable webinar that shows how to integrate SDL Passolo with SDL Trados Studio 2009 and SDL MultiTerm 2009.

http://www.translationzone.com/en/resources/downloads/webinar-recordings/Find-out-how-to-integrate-SDL-Passolo-with-SDL-Trados-and-SDL-MultiTerm.asp

Not sure whether this is the actual one for Studio. If not, please contact me so that I can provide you with the latest one. This is the German version:

http://www.translationzone.com/de/resources/downloads/webinar-recordings/2010-09-22-schnittstellen-von-sdl-passolo.asp

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant

dnitzpon
Germany
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 5, 2011

Thanks Achim, thanks celtanc!

The "showing side by side" was exactly my problem that I couldn't figure out going through the menus etc.
Now I found out it's really easy: just grab the tab and move it out of the window to make it a separate window! Was too easy for me..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Basic question about Passolo - display fuzzies and termbase entries simultaneously

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search