Studio license disappeared after hibernating/reboot
Thread poster: Evangelion

Evangelion  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 02:39
Polish to English
+ ...
Jul 3, 2011

I left my computer in hibernation. Right after waking it up, I was unable to start Studio with a message saying that there was an error and I may have to reinstall Trados. I rebooted and the error message is gone. But so is the license I had activated. My SDL account on-line says that I have two licenses activated, but the license manager on my laptop says there's no valid license.

So of course I cannot start Studio. I also cannot return a license, as there is no license active on my laptop. And of course tomorrow at 8 AM I have the deadline for a big project. What do I do?

Should I uninstall and then reinstall Studio? I remember reading somewhere, that the license is only replaced when re-installing Windows and that just reinstalling Trados does not hinder the license. But then again - there seems to be no license.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio license disappeared after hibernating/reboot

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search