Can Trados 2009 tell me which segments no longer match the TM?
Thread poster: SEA-words

SEA-words  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 3, 2011

Hello, I am working on a very large job consisting of several files with Trados 2009.

As I have to deliver them on a roll-on basis, after drafting the translation of 6 files I decided to polish the translation of 2 of them. Since it's a manual, it is very repetitive.

I usually follow this work flow:
1) I draft the translation of each segment, without confirm them (I use the down arrow key, only)
2) I re-read the draft translation, then confirm each segment
3) Once I am done with the document, I confirm all the segment eventually unconfirmed (e.g. those automatically propagated - green-gold leverage showing 100%)

Now I have 6 files, all 100% confirmed. Today I polished 2 of them and had to fix segments here and then.
How can I ask Trados to tell me what are the segments I should have a look at because the TM was changed?

I know that once I point the cursors on a segment, Trados eventually tell me if there is a different target segment in the TM, but to do so I have to move the curson through each and every segment. Since I have 5000 segments per file, this is very time consuming.

Is there a feature that can tell Trados to please scan all the segments and alert me only about those that should be updated?

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can Trados 2009 tell me which segments no longer match the TM?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search