Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Francisco Mar Rubio (X)  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:52
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 4, 2011

Hi everybody,

I am new in Studio 2009. So far so good, but today I tried to create a project with a .xml file and when I clicked on "Analyse and Pretranslate", after the whole process, it appear an error mark in both Analysing and Pretranslating. Of course nothing has been translated (although I have a TM and Google Translator enabled).

Previously I had created a new .xml file type with the .xsd the client sent me, but I do not know what else to do...

Any i
... See more
Hi everybody,

I am new in Studio 2009. So far so good, but today I tried to create a project with a .xml file and when I clicked on "Analyse and Pretranslate", after the whole process, it appear an error mark in both Analysing and Pretranslating. Of course nothing has been translated (although I have a TM and Google Translator enabled).

Previously I had created a new .xml file type with the .xsd the client sent me, but I do not know what else to do...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Francisco
Collapse

sandymess
sandymess  Identity Verified
Cameroon
Local time: 22:52
Member (2010)
English to French
+ ...
Need help for same reasons Jul 5, 2011

Please, can somebody provide us help! What to do when tags revealed some errors and the target document cannot be convert back

[Modifié le 2011-07-05 02:47 GMT]

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Can you provide more details of the error? Jul 5, 2011

Hi,

I'm not sure whether you are referring to QA error messages, or problem error messages? If you press F8 to check the document after translation what messages do you get?

Regards

Paul

Francisco Mar Rubio (X)
Francisco Mar Rubio (X)  Identity Verified
Switzerland
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jul 5, 2011

The problem was that I created the project with all the "file types" active, but I needed just one personal type of .xml (the one generated by .xsd). Now that I have created the project deactivating the rest of file types, it works perfectly!!!

THanks!!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
You should not have to do this. Jul 5, 2011

I think you are missing the correct file detection settings in your custom xml filetype and this is probably why the incorrect xml filetype was used in the first place.

But your solution also works

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error by analizing and pretranslating .xml in Studio

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »