Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Netherlands
Local time: 18:48
Dutch to Albanian
+ ...
Jul 4, 2011

Hi All,

I have created a Multiterm 2009 Termbase for 7 languages:
English, French, Dutch, Italian, Croatian, Albanian and Macedonian.

The point is that I have many bilingual terminology files in Excel and would like to convert them and subsequently import in my multilingual TB.

I would like to ask you for help in order to sort out a number of problems/doubts/questions:

1. Is such a TB feasible, workable and realistic?
2. How to impo
... See more
Hi All,

I have created a Multiterm 2009 Termbase for 7 languages:
English, French, Dutch, Italian, Croatian, Albanian and Macedonian.

The point is that I have many bilingual terminology files in Excel and would like to convert them and subsequently import in my multilingual TB.

I would like to ask you for help in order to sort out a number of problems/doubts/questions:

1. Is such a TB feasible, workable and realistic?
2. How to import the bilingual terminologies in a way they could fit and complete the existing entries with the missing language entries instead of recreating new bilingual entries.
Example:
Suppose I have already imported a bilingual terminology English-Croatian into my TB and then have to import a bilingual terminology: Croatian-Dutch, will the new Croatian entries complete the existing ones and merge where necessary in order to get:
English - Dutch - Croatian

I suppose one has to apply different filters at that stage... All help or reference to any links where similar questions are elaborated are welcome.

Regards,
Sherefedin
Collapse

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:48
English to Hungarian
+ ...
3rd party Jul 4, 2011

I'd be surprised if MT had provisions for this sort of thing. If it does, somebody will shortly explain how to use it.
I'd expect that you'll have to use 3rd party tools/solutions. If I wanted to do this sort of thing, I would convert all my data to a tab delimited txt or a spreadsheet and merge the entries there. Excel can almost certainly do the job if the number of terms is not astronomical.

Here's a great post on how to do
... See more
I'd be surprised if MT had provisions for this sort of thing. If it does, somebody will shortly explain how to use it.
I'd expect that you'll have to use 3rd party tools/solutions. If I wanted to do this sort of thing, I would convert all my data to a tab delimited txt or a spreadsheet and merge the entries there. Excel can almost certainly do the job if the number of terms is not astronomical.

Here's a great post on how to do it:
http://www.proz.com/forum/translator_resources/174587-aligning_2_bilingual_glossaries.html#1537000
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging entries in multilanguage TB

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »