Thread poster: Sherefedin MUSTAFA

Sherefedin MUSTAFA
Local time: 14:44
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Jul 4, 2011

Hi All,

I have created a Multiterm 2009 Termbase for 7 languages:
English, French, Dutch, Italian, Croatian, Albanian and Macedonian.

The point is that I have many bilingual terminology files in Excel and would like to convert them and subsequently import in my multilingual TB.

I would like to ask you for help in order to sort out a number of problems/doubts/questions:

1. Is such a TB feasible, workable and realistic?
2. How to import the bilingual terminologies in a way they could fit and complete the existing entries with the missing language entries instead of recreating new bilingual entries.
Suppose I have already imported a bilingual terminology English-Croatian into my TB and then have to import a bilingual terminology: Croatian-Dutch, will the new Croatian entries complete the existing ones and merge where necessary in order to get:
English - Dutch - Croatian

I suppose one has to apply different filters at that stage... All help or reference to any links where similar questions are elaborated are welcome.

Direct link Reply with quote

Local time: 14:44
English to Hungarian
+ ...
3rd party Jul 4, 2011

I'd be surprised if MT had provisions for this sort of thing. If it does, somebody will shortly explain how to use it.
I'd expect that you'll have to use 3rd party tools/solutions. If I wanted to do this sort of thing, I would convert all my data to a tab delimited txt or a spreadsheet and merge the entries there. Excel can almost certainly do the job if the number of terms is not astronomical.

Here's a great post on how to do it:

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Merging entries in multilanguage TB

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search