https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/202585-trados_studio_how_to_update_old_translation_after_proofreading.html

Trados Studio: How to update old translation after proofreading?
Thread poster: intocomm
Jul 5, 2011

I work together with a proofreader and I would like to know if there is a (convenient) way to add his corrections to Trados (not copy+paste one by one in the Editor view). Once I'm done with a translation, I generate a target text and I give it to him for proofreading (in Word, Excel etc. format). Now I would like to know if there's a way to update my translation memories using the proofread target texts (.doc etc.).

Atso Puronen
Atso Puronen
Local time: 14:36
English to Finnish
SDL XLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office Jul 6, 2011

I think your answer would be to use SDL XLIFF Converter for Microsoft Office, which is an add-on app available at SDL OpenExchange

http://www.sdl.com/en/language-technology/sdl-openexchange/

With this tool you can export your translations in Word or Excel files, have him/her do edits to those files directly and then import the files back.

intocomm
intocomm
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 7, 2011

Thanks a lot for you your quick response. I guess a kiitos is in order. That's nifty little tool and easy to use, too. My only problem is that it doesn't give the proofreader an overall view of the actual layout (paragraphs, etc) the text is shown segment by segment. But I guess that's minor problem. I can always create a normal target translation to show the layout if necessary.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio: How to update old translation after proofreading?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »