Error 50052 when reorganizing, even old TM copies!
Thread poster: vollebregt
vollebregt
vollebregt  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:24
Member (2006)
Dutch to English
Jul 6, 2011

Hi All,

Trados 2007, Word 2007

I seem to be getting deeper into trouble here...

I tried to reorganise a TM, but got error 50052 at TU 26000 (the total size is around 90,000 units). Exporting the TM also gave me an error, it stopped at the same place. Following the advice in one of the forums, I created a new TM and linking the tmx file of the old TM to the accessory files of the new TM, but this made no difference. I looked at the file maintenance area (as
... See more
Hi All,

Trados 2007, Word 2007

I seem to be getting deeper into trouble here...

I tried to reorganise a TM, but got error 50052 at TU 26000 (the total size is around 90,000 units). Exporting the TM also gave me an error, it stopped at the same place. Following the advice in one of the forums, I created a new TM and linking the tmx file of the old TM to the accessory files of the new TM, but this made no difference. I looked at the file maintenance area (as also suggested) and searched to the end of the units it had, but this was around 18000 units before an error occurred and I'm not too sure what to do with the information gathered (i.e. knowing what the last source/target unit was, given I have no idea where to go in the system to delete the unit after it).

I then went back to an old copy of the TM I had that is 1 month old, and discovered it has the same issues with reorganising and exporting.

Giving up I went back to an old copy of the TM I had that is 6 months old. Lo and behold I also can't reorganise or export that TM. ??????????

But I have been using this TM in the last 6 months with no problem. I am quite confused...

I would love some help with this please

Marieke
Collapse

David Paul Samson, MA Translation
David Paul Samson, MA Translation
India
Local time: 07:54
English to Tamil
+ ...
Trados Error 50052 Sep 6, 2011

Yes and I am also facing the same problem.

My TM with 165000 TU's is working very well.

And, I just wanted to export my TM for back up, and I got this problem, it prompted me to reorganize but neither reorganize or export worked.

And I went to the month old back up and saw that it also had the same problem.

Then one of the exported .txt file of more than 6 months old worked well.

Unable to reorganize my TM, I created a new TM, and
... See more
Yes and I am also facing the same problem.

My TM with 165000 TU's is working very well.

And, I just wanted to export my TM for back up, and I got this problem, it prompted me to reorganize but neither reorganize or export worked.

And I went to the month old back up and saw that it also had the same problem.

Then one of the exported .txt file of more than 6 months old worked well.

Unable to reorganize my TM, I created a new TM, and imported the .txt file which was more than 6 months old, then updated all the .bak files in my project folders.

Now I got almost 159800 TU's. And now am able to reorganize and export.

Nowadays I used to reorganize once everyday and make a .txt file for back up.

I think this problem might have occurred, as a result of bad habit, I used to put my system on sleep mode more frequently.

Many computer professionals say this is the worst thing, which we never should do.

I really gave a huge price, and I spent more sleepless nights, because my TM which is worth more than $100,000 became corrupt.

Trados is very much an useful tool, but nothing can be reliable I suppose.

Please keep a back up everyday. This is my experience.
Collapse

milank
milank
Local time: 04:24
English to Czech
+ ...
I think I solved it.. Aug 16, 2013

Problem with inconsistency in corrupted SDL Trados TMW files gets fixed, read my blog post with further information here: http://blog.mikar.net/home/fixingcorruptedtmwfilesinsdltrados

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error 50052 when reorganizing, even old TM copies!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »