Studio 2009: QuickPlace shortcut stops working
Thread poster: Dr. Matthias Schauen

Dr. Matthias Schauen  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:37
English to German
Jul 8, 2011

Hi, while working on the translation of TTX files with Studio 2009, the QuickPlace shortcut Ctrl+P stops working after some time. Other shortcuts (Ctrl+Ins for instance) still work. After restarting Studio, it works again, for some time. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

Windows Vista
Studio 2009 SP3 (9.1.2283.6)

Thanks,

Matthias

Edit: A solution not involving a re-installation would be preferred.

[Edited at 2011-07-08 10:25 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Any ideas? Jul 22, 2011

I also noticed that the Paste function (Ctrl+V or via context menu) sometimes stops working after some time in the Studio Editor (and only in Studio, I can still paste the clipboard content to a Word document, for instance). Again, restarting Studio "solves" the problem.

Alex Lilo
Ukraine
Local time: 22:37
English to Russian
+ ...
QuickPlace in Studio 2009 Jul 23, 2011

I am translating a huge excel sheet in Studio 2009. QuickPlace does not work, QP shortcuts do not work, restarting does not help. Nothing helps. The right-click menu command is grayed out. Cannot find a way to enable it.

Germany
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Any ideas? Sep 21, 2011

Hi, this problem still persists. With the 20,000+-words file I'm working with at the moment, I have to re-start Studio 2009 every 500 words or so to be able to use Ctrl+P and Ctrl+V.

Please how can I fix this?

[Edited at 2011-09-21 10:22 GMT]

Saving and re-starting the program takes 1.5-2 minutes each time. This is _not_ increasing my productivity!

[Edited at 2011-09-21 10:26 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: QuickPlace shortcut stops working

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search