Thread poster: Nora Diaz

Nora Diaz  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 22:52
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 8, 2011

Just thought I'd share this as it was the source of much frustration yesterday and maybe it can help someone else.

I have no idea when this happened, as I hadn't tried to generate a new AutoSuggest dictionary in a while, but when I tried yesterday, the Generate button was greyed out. I tried reactivating the license for AutoSuggest Creator but I got a message saying my maximum number of activations had been exceeded (crazy, as it's only installed on my desktop and on my laptop, my 2 allowed installations).

This morning I went back into the License Manager and went to View Activated Licenses instead. Four licenses show a "damaged" status. Three are for expired trials, so no problem there, but AutoSuggest Creator still showed up as damaged.

Selecting the AutoSuggest row activates the Repair License button, and clicking on the button restores the damaged license.

Now, if only Trados could tell me what to do (Go to License Manager, View Activated Licenses, select your product, hit Repair License) instead of only showing me a greyed out button, my life would be so much easier.

By the way, I ran into this problem when doing a test to use a text expander to enhance AutoSuggest functionality in Studio and beyond.

If you'd like to read more please go here:
http://noradiaz.blogspot.com/2011/07/emulating-autosuggest-functionality.html

[Edited at 2011-07-08 14:21 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Damaged AutoSuggest Creator license: Solved

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search