Studio 2009 SP3 - Error: Object is in use elsewhere
Thread poster: Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:12
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Jul 13, 2011

I get this when I switch to Project view. It's just happened and the only way to get rid of the message is to manually shut down Studio via Task Manager. I have reinstalled it, but nothing. It's the latest version, but I can check it exactly because I can't get to the help menu. I run Windows XP. I'm really desperate! There's nothing on the net regarding this problem with Studio.

Direct link Reply with quote

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:12
English to French
+ ...
online backup? Jul 13, 2011

Hi Giovanni,

Couldn't it be that one or several files you are attempting to use are being synchronised with an online backup system (Dropbox etc.) ?
That happened to me and in this case, waiting for a few seconds or minutes, until the sync is completed, solves the problem.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:12
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Not really... Jul 13, 2011

it looks like a Visual Basic (or whatever it's called!) thingy... but I finally managed to solve the problem... since it only happened in the Project view, I deleted all the listed projects from the window, bar one, and et voilà!, error's gone... but it would be interesting to know why it was happening... if anybody from SDL is listening? I believe this to be a bug...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009 SP3 - Error: Object is in use elsewhere

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search