Thread poster: Mike Hunter

Mike Hunter
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:21
English to Flemish
+ ...
Jul 13, 2011

Hello, hope you can help.

I have 300 .ini files to translate and I'm trying to add the file type in the project settings.

I have managed to create an xml file type but i'm still unable to add .ini files to my project. The parse rules section is empty, which I imagine is my problem but despite reading everything I can find on the subject in the trados help files, adding these parse rules is a little beyond me.

Does anyone have any experience adding files types?

The alternative is to save them as .txt files and remove everything that doesn't need to be translated which would be extremely time consuming.

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:21
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Do you indeed have *.ini files to translate? Jul 13, 2011

If so, create an INI file via Trados 2007, then import this one into Studio.
Please also pay attention, that the name rule for the file is *.ini
Then be also aware, that the new file type will NOT be available in your already existing templates. If you want to use this file type in one of the templates, create it exactly there and not via Tools - Options.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding file types in Studio

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search