help with trados 2009 project
Thread poster: mrosaria78
mrosaria78
mrosaria78
Local time: 00:55
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 15, 2011

Is there anyone who knows how to manage a project in Trados studio 2009 with two target languages?
I need to know how can I switch from one language to the other.
is it possible I have to start working with the first language pair I put and I can not choose? Can I start translating a file in a language and then pass to another one in the second target language? Maybe it's something obvious but I can not find it!

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
English
Easier than you might think... Jul 15, 2011

Hi mrosaria78,

All you need do is select the language you wish to work with from drop down for the languages in the files view here:

So in this example, my source is English, and I have French, German, Italian and Spanish set up as other languages for this Project. When you change the language you will automatically change the files you are using.

... See more
Hi mrosaria78,

All you need do is select the language you wish to work with from drop down for the languages in the files view here:

So in this example, my source is English, and I have French, German, Italian and Spanish set up as other languages for this Project. When you change the language you will automatically change the files you are using.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

mrosaria78
mrosaria78
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
language changed in Trados 2009 professional. Jul 16, 2011

Thank you so much! I knew there should have been something easy that I could not find. The point is the window was hidden, therefore I could not see it!
Thanks a lot! I am new in using this product.
I really appreciated your help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

help with trados 2009 project

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »