https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/203324-trados_studio_old_tm_greyed_out_when_i_create_a_new_project_how_do_i_remove_it.html

Trados Studio: Old TM greyed out when I create a new project. How do I remove it?
Thread poster: Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:50
German to English
+ ...
Jul 15, 2011

Hello fellow Trados users,

I was just trying to create a new project in Trados Studio, but for some reason when I get to the stage where you add or create a TM, the TM from the last project I created is still there. However, it is greyed out so that I am unable to remove it. All the checkboxes are still ticked as well. I finished creating my new project to see whether this TM is listed, but it's not, so I assume that it's not active for my new project (I know it's possible to use tw
... See more
Hello fellow Trados users,

I was just trying to create a new project in Trados Studio, but for some reason when I get to the stage where you add or create a TM, the TM from the last project I created is still there. However, it is greyed out so that I am unable to remove it. All the checkboxes are still ticked as well. I finished creating my new project to see whether this TM is listed, but it's not, so I assume that it's not active for my new project (I know it's possible to use two TMS at once), but how do I get rid of it anyway? I've never had this problem before so am a bit confused as to why it has happened.

Thank you very much in advance!

Sarah

PS: I don't know why this happened, but I think I have just figured it out. I moved the greyed out TM on to my desktop and Trados Studio detected that it was no longer accessible, so disabled it. Then it was finally showing up in the list as not greyed out and I was able to remove it by clicking remove. I still wonder how this happened in the first place though.

[Edited at 2011-07-15 16:07 GMT]
Collapse

RWS Community
RWS Community
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:50
English
It comes from our Language Pairs in... Jul 15, 2011

... Tools - Options - Language Pairs.

Hi Sarah,

If you have TMs set up in this location, like this for example:

Then when you use Open Document you will find the TM that does not match the language pair you use will be greyed out like this:

Then when you use Open Document you will find the TM that does not match the language pair you use will be greyed out like this:

If you go back to Tools - Options - Language Pairs and remove them then you won't see them anymore when you use Open Document.

It's harmless, and just shows you what you have in the Options. Any that match your chosen language pair for the document will be automatically selected for use to save time.

Regards

Paul
Collapse

Sarah Downing
Sarah Downing  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:50
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your detailed explanation, Paul Jul 15, 2011

Thank you for explaining this, Paul. I'm going to take a closer look at what you wrote tomorrow.

Cheers,

Sarah

Greg Irving (X)
Greg Irving (X)  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Dutch to English
+ ...
Thanks Paul, that is clearly explained and helpful Feb 6, 2015

Thanks Paul, that is clearly explained and helpful

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio: Old TM greyed out when I create a new project. How do I remove it?

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »