Ideal reviewing workflow in Studio 2009 Freelance
Thread poster: Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:19
Member (2004)
English to Italian
Jul 18, 2011

Any tips? At the moment, I'm just sending sdlxliff bilingual file + TM. Works well, but the reviewing stage doesn't seem to show in the "Task History" section. I do get the "translation approved" message in the File View after I complete the review, but there is no trace of this reviewing stage in TH. It's important for me to show to the client that the file has been reviewed. Is it supposed to be like this? Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong? Can't find any info anywhere... Thanks f... See more
Any tips? At the moment, I'm just sending sdlxliff bilingual file + TM. Works well, but the reviewing stage doesn't seem to show in the "Task History" section. I do get the "translation approved" message in the File View after I complete the review, but there is no trace of this reviewing stage in TH. It's important for me to show to the client that the file has been reviewed. Is it supposed to be like this? Is this normal? Or am I doing something wrong? Can't find any info anywhere... Thanks for any tips/suggestions/pointers.

Giovanni
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:19
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Same procedure for EN 15038 Jul 18, 2011

As this standard needs the documentation of the review status and Studio 2009 does not support track changes, I created another (quite simple) system.
In the project folder I create an additional folder, called "before revision". Then I copy the translated SDLXLIFF file there. Afterwards you have simply two SDLXLIFF files and can show both the onbe before and after revision.
This does not cost much time.

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
So... Jul 18, 2011

Jerzy, are you telling me that it's impossible to show the review stage in Studio 2009 Freelance? I can definitely follow your instructions, if necessary, but it seems strange to me that such a feature is not present?

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
You can see the review stage Jul 18, 2011

That means Studio will show you, if the file has been translated, reviewed or signed off.
But beside the status you have no proof the action has really been taken.
Track changes will be introduced in Studio 2011, so until then the method I described is the only one accepted for proof according to EN 15038. I however cannot tell what is acceptable for your customer.

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
ok... Jul 18, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

That means Studio will show you, if the file has been translated, reviewed or signed off.
But beside the status you have no proof the action has really been taken.
Track changes will be introduced in Studio 2011, so until then the method I described is the only one accepted for proof according to EN 15038. I however cannot tell what is acceptable for your customer.

in my case, when a client sends a package, and I finalize it with sign-off, there is no trace of the reviewing stage in Task History... I get Analyze Files, Verify Files, Update Mani Translation Memories, Generate Target Translation and Translate...

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Review and sign-off are not batch tasks Jul 18, 2011

And AFAIR the task history refers to batch tasks,

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
ah... Jul 18, 2011

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

And AFAIR the task history refers to batch tasks,

ok, Jerzy, I understand now... thank you very much for your help, as usual!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ideal reviewing workflow in Studio 2009 Freelance

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search